Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on Aero Jerky HH

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I have had my Cheyenne for about a year and initially it was huge. I sent it back to Aero and they re-tailored it, but I was never happy with the fit. I put it up on ebay and was all set to sell it, but when it had no bids at 6 days, I decided that I would keep it rather than sell it for a song.

Although the jerky is soft to begin with, it just never seemed to break in like the FQHH. It would just spring back to it's original shape. I thought that maybe this was the reason it never quite fit right. I decided that I would wear it all the time and even throw it into the dryer (no heat) for awhile.

Well after many rain storms and wearing it constantly, the HH is really starting to break in. It's gotten much softer and the grain is really starting to show now. My problem with the fit initially was the arm holes. They would pinch me at the biceps if I lifted my arms at all. Now with the breaking in, this problem has resolved itself. Overall, I'm now very happy with the coat.

My question is this normal wear for Jerky HH? At all the wear points (shoulders, sleeve ends, collar ends, etc), the dye is starting to wear off and is showing the light tan leather underneath.

03672cc7.jpg

7f361474.jpg

fd9bbd9c.jpg

Last edited:

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
That looks completely normal to me. Drum-dyed hides don't show quite so much wear because the dye penetrates deep into the hide. It looks like yours is a light spray finish or semi-aniline, which shows more wear (or character).

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Noel

Die-Motte

New in Town
I also do think it is normal! I have seen several mid weight (veg-tanned) HH Aero jackets in black that lost the dye at the wear points and became grey! So I think that the tan colour ist absolutely normal for brown!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21