Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quiz: Is your decor from another era?

Marla

A-List Customer
Apparently "1920s" encompasses all vintage styles according to this quiz. So, if you like vintage-style decor from any decade your result will be "1920s". That or "1970s".

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
60s Split Level

That is to funny! I got a tie between the Roaring 20s and the Awesome 80s. The 80s sucked as far as fashion and decor. I spent most of my time in WWII airplanes and older during the 80s. My decor is more 20s and Victorian. Would love either a Craftsman or victorian house! Sadly I am stuck in a 60s Split Level. On the bright side, I can go into a sizable percentage of homes in America and know exactly were the bath room is. Go in the front door, go either right or left up the stairs, first door on the right or left!

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
I'm 1920, according to this but My home is more 30's/40/s

4695385578_a52edb8619_b.jpg

4695479982_3ff5606b63_z.jpg

4695378950_54cb904ba3_z.jpg

Last edited:

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Ok I got both Roaring 20's and So 2010. People my house is mostly early Mid Century Modern with some 40's elements. What ridiculous questions and What a ridiculous quiz.

Foofoogal

Banned
Roaring 20s also. I think it is the Jazz and hardwood floors. I do love Coco though. I have a mixture of most styles except modern. I see the beauty in it but it has to all be together to look correct.
I read once every home or room should have at least one oriental item. Not sure why but remember this.
Best decorating advice I ever read was to group things by odd numbers.
1, 3, 5. I do believe it helps.
I love decorating. Can you tell?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
One of the more idiotic quizzes I've seen in a while. Pegged me as 20's, but my place is definitely more 40's. Why did I waste 5 minutes of my life on that nonsense?

MissMittens

One Too Many
This one is a little better

http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/2329093/what-decade-suits-you-best

My result:

The 40's: Wow! I can't think of a good catch phrase from the '40's! You are very . . . very patriotic. You aren't really into feminism, but you are probably more open to independant women. You might also be a very morally upstanding person? At the very least, you hate Hitler's guts. You probably like some classic (and I mean REALLY classic) Rock & Roll. Or maybe you prefer the blues? Either way, you're old school, and that's pretty cool.

By the way, I love sexism in the 21st century, the assumption that all quiz-takers are female. Same with horoscopes, last time I looked at a horoscope, I saw "your man" in the text. :lol:

Last edited:

JimWagner

Practically Family
From the quiz, "You really need to talk to your grandmother. How do you communicate with her?"

Through a medium wasn't a choice.

MissMittens

One Too Many
From the quiz, "You really need to talk to your grandmother. How do you communicate with her?"

Through a medium wasn't a choice.

Technically, that would have been a good choice. I never met my grandparents on my father's side. His mother died in 1930 while giving birth to his youngest brother, and his father died in the 30's also.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Funky Shui

Roaring 20s also. I think it is the Jazz and hardwood floors. I do love Coco though. I have a mixture of most styles except modern. I see the beauty in it but it has to all be together to look correct.
I read once every home or room should have at least one oriental item. Not sure why but remember this.
Best decorating advice I ever read was to group things by odd numbers.
1, 3, 5. I do believe it helps.
I love decorating. Can you tell
I think you have some of that Funky Shui stuff going on there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner