Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow country A2

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I have handled several Rainbow Country jackets. They are incredibly well made. Stitching is laser straight and everything is very neat. They are essentially Freewheelers jackets without the extra frills and embellishments on the stitching. There is a rumor that they are made in the same place as Freewheelers jackets. I am not sure if this is true, but the quality is extremely high and it would not surprise me. With that said, I do not know about how accurate they are compared to the others and I would be surprised if they were as accurate as Good Wear.

What I do know is that you will get a very well made jacket.

srahimian24

Familiar Face
How accurate would y'all say they are compared to the originals or other repros, there is one for a steal on Yahoo auctions japan I'm considering snagging but I want an idea of what I'm getting first

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
It's not a rumour, it was confirmed to me by several shop owners in Japan. The Rainbow Country factory also makes Freewheelers jackets

That would still make it a rumour then, right? I've owned a RC Single Rider, the quality is fantastic, and it may very well be made by the same people, but shop owners aren't RC or FW.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That would still make it a rumour then, right? I've owned a RC Single Rider, the quality is fantastic, and it may very well be made by the same people, but shop owners aren't RC or FW.

One of the shop owner sells Freewheelers jackets and it is a pretty well known fact in Japan that RC makes Freewheelers jackets. But you are absolutely right in the fact that I have not confirmed it 100% myself. Let's just say that it's an accurate statement beyond any reasonable doubts. :)

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As far as I have seen, they do copy the label and collar of the Dubow 27798. The same goes with the Roughwear 23380. Same repro talon zippers used on both models. Some of the color variations offered may not be very accurate and they are slim cutting. Oh I own both a Dubow (seal) and a Roughwear (maroon) from RC.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/rainbow-country-a-2-dubow-27798.76020/
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/rainbow-country-roughwear-23380-maroon.79694/
Sorry I have not handled any Goodwear or Diamond Dave but I think the leather is thicker than the ELC I handled. My RCs are veg tanned leather that has quite significant grains and some degree of mismatching grains.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB