Rainbow country A2

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by srahimian24, Jul 19, 2019.

1. srahimian24

srahimian24 New in Town

Anyone know anything about Rainbow Country A2's? How do they compare to ELC, Diamond Dave or Goodwear?

2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

I have handled several Rainbow Country jackets. They are incredibly well made. Stitching is laser straight and everything is very neat. They are essentially Freewheelers jackets without the extra frills and embellishments on the stitching. There is a rumor that they are made in the same place as Freewheelers jackets. I am not sure if this is true, but the quality is extremely high and it would not surprise me. With that said, I do not know about how accurate they are compared to the others and I would be surprised if they were as accurate as Good Wear.

What I do know is that you will get a very well made jacket.

Benny Holiday and Lebowski like this.
  3. red devil

red devil One Too Many

It's not a rumour, it was confirmed to me by several shop owners in Japan. The Rainbow Country factory also makes Freewheelers jackets

4. srahimian24

srahimian24 New in Town

How accurate would y'all say they are compared to the originals or other repros, there is one for a steal on Yahoo auctions japan I'm considering snagging but I want an idea of what I'm getting first

5. red devil

red devil One Too Many

Sorry, not into A2 jackets so couldn't comment on the accuracy.

6. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

That would still make it a rumour then, right? I've owned a RC Single Rider, the quality is fantastic, and it may very well be made by the same people, but shop owners aren't RC or FW.

7. red devil

red devil One Too Many

One of the shop owner sells Freewheelers jackets and it is a pretty well known fact in Japan that RC makes Freewheelers jackets. But you are absolutely right in the fact that I have not confirmed it 100% myself. Let's just say that it's an accurate statement beyond any reasonable doubts. :)

8. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

As far as I have seen, they do copy the label and collar of the Dubow 27798. The same goes with the Roughwear 23380. Same repro talon zippers used on both models. Some of the color variations offered may not be very accurate and they are slim cutting. Oh I own both a Dubow (seal) and a Roughwear (maroon) from RC.
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/rainbow-country-a-2-dubow-27798.76020/
    https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/rainbow-country-roughwear-23380-maroon.79694/
    Sorry I have not handled any Goodwear or Diamond Dave but I think the leather is thicker than the ELC I handled. My RCs are veg tanned leather that has quite significant grains and some degree of mismatching grains.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  9. srahimian24

srahimian24 New in Town

Ok, i heard a lot of their jackets have NOS zips, anyone know if this is true?

10. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many