Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare, Weird 1934 Fedora

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Okay, folks ... I've digitalized quite a few images from that Fall 1934 Apparel Arts issue I picked up a few weeks ago. As promised, I'll share the choicest images with you all.

Here is one of the trippiest fedoras I've ever seen. Would you want one like it? ;) Could Art Fawcett reproduce such a beast?

AuctionphotosApil018.jpg

AuctionphotosApil019.jpg

The real Henry

Practically Family
I think it might look nice in person, but I don't think think I'll ever get the chance to get one of these in my hands.

Judging by the pictures I have to agree that it look very 1970s.

Regards,
Henrik

vonwotan

Practically Family
dr greg - What size was the hat? Do you have the name and contact info for the shop? I relly would be curious to learn more about the hat - especially if it is from the thirties and not a later 70s hat.

dr greg said:
True to tell, I saw one like that in a junk shop a few weeks ago, which is where I thought it belonged, it's still there as far as I know, and it was far too small anyway.

Bogie

One of the Regulars
Wow...I don't know if I should laugh or cry at the waste of fabric and good materials that is that hat. I beg the pardon of those who like that...hat...but I really, really,really detest it.

In fact, out of all the things in the universe I could detest, that hat is number one in my book as of this moment.

Even more shocking is the fact that it was made in 1934, I agree with the general sentiment that it looks very 70's.

EricH

One of the Regulars
OK maybe it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I don't think it is exactly ugly either. Lets be fair, any hat that we say looks like the 70's and was made in the 30's, well, its ahead of its time. I was a product of the 70's and like hats of the 30's and 40's, no stingy brims for me. There are people who consider my hats ugly as well. So am I an anachronism or on the leading edge of style? I'm with besdor, I'd like to see it. Who knows it might just be the future. :rolleyes: Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore