Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended Vintage-esque Nail Polish

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Is there a list of all the actual vintage nail polish colors? I'm talking about the ones that have been around since the Golden Era.

Revlon: Cherries in the Snow - 50s
Revlon: Raven Red - 40s (Thanks Lizzie!)

What else?

jayem

A-List Customer
I tend to wear very dark red shades, and right now a freshly applied 'Vixen' by Revlon is drying on my nails. It's a super dark red, and with 3 coats it can look black. I think it looks fascinating with my very pale skin and dark hair, though.

Another color I love is 'Savvy Red' by Savvy.

I tend to go with the 30's trend of wearing red polish on the finger nails and soft pink polish on the toes. Any of you ladies have a nice soft pink polish to recommend?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Wow that's a hard question I wear all kind of colors but when I go vintage I usually in the late fall through the winter wear and OPI color called "I'm Not Really a Waitress" it is a nice slightly darker red. Then in the wrest of the year I wear either "Revlon Red" "Frankly Scarlet" By Revlon or "Really Really Red" by Nicole (an OPI sister brand). The last one is my favorite color, it is very vintage-esque, it has no shimmer, but is really bright red (I guess more orangey if I had to pick) and it lasts forever. I love it.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Here are some vintage revlon ads....Dorian Leigh....what a hottie! These are two of the shades still available...I see a trip to the drugstore in my future.....

cherries_in_the_snow_1953.jpg

fireandice.jpg

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I wear OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress"

It's a great, true red with a little bit of shimmer. Always get lots of comments on it ;)

MissAmelina, those ads are WONDERFUL!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I am also an OPI fan.. I have almost all of thier colors :)

Latley I have been wearing " Vodka & Caviar" Its looks great on my skintone and since I have been getting a tan.. It really pops!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
cherries_in_the_snow_1953.jpg

lol This ad is hysterical! I can wholeheartedly identify with being "deep inside... as strange and unexpected as cherries in the snow":p

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
cherry lips said:
lol This ad is hysterical! I can wholeheartedly identify with being "deep inside... as strange and unexpected as cherries in the snow":p

LOL..... I KNOW! My orange juice always sparkles like champagne.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
MissAmelina said:
LOL..... I KNOW! My orange juice always sparkles like champagne.
:eek:fftopic: I know what would make my orange juice sparkle like champagne, and make me wake up smiling...
newman.jpg

drrrrrrrroooooooooool!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
LelaViavonie said:
I am also an OPI fan.. I have almost all of thier colors :)

Latley I have been wearing " Vodka & Caviar" Its looks great on my skintone and since I have been getting a tan.. It really pops!
I love Vodka and Caviar! It's really such a nice red. Looks great with a pedicure too!

JennyLou

Practically Family
I don't know how vintage Loreal's Rendevous is but I simply love that color. It's the only color I've been using for about 4-5 years.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Right now I really like Red Hot Tamale by Revlon. It's a very bright red. I also like Craving Coral, it's an even brighter coral red. Revlon's Make Mine Mango is my favourite coral pink shade. I'd really like to try Raven Red next.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Audrey Horne said:
I love Vodka and Caviar! It's really such a nice red. Looks great with a pedicure too!

Vodka and Caviar is one of my favorites too! I can't seem to get enough red polish. Of OPI i have:

Vodka and Caviar
Red Hot Gift
Big Apple Red
Got the blues for Red (great dark red with blue undertone, looks great on lots of skin tones)

I tried to paint my nails something other then red, but i just can't bring myself to do it! Even my toes are red!

olive bleu

One Too Many
jayem said:
I tend to go with the 30's trend of wearing red polish on the finger nails and soft pink polish on the toes. Any of you ladies have a nice soft pink polish to recommend?

I'm with jayem..any pink recommendations??

Heather

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
I'm with jayem..any pink recommendations??

my personal favorite is rose bud by CND. Just thought i'd throw that out there. I'm very picky about the color pink but I can't recommend this one enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner