Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Record Art

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

Talk about bra-burning! lol

jake_fink said:
CLFire%20Goddess.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Here are some I liked when I were a lad:

The-Smiths-Hatful-Of-Hollow-5768VB.jpg

and from the single This Charming Man:

Thischarmingmansingle.PNG

CLASH2.JPG

(When my grandma saw me wearing a shirt with this image on it from Give 'em Enough Rope she said, and I quote, "Oh, those are nice colours." Yeah, but what about the corpse being eaten by the vulture Grammy?)

0074646493526.jpg

searching_for_the_young_soul_rebels.jpg

The Duke

One of the Regulars
jake_fink said:
GO's already been posted, but I always liked Dexter Gordon's album art:

I agree Long Tall Dex had great cover album art, Blue Note had some other great artist album art also.

Always liked Hank Mobley's No Room For Squares cover art:

0077778414926.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
The Duke said:
I agree Long Tall Dex had great cover album art, Blue Note had some other great artist album art also.

Always liked Hank Mobley's No Room For Squares cover art:

0077778414926.jpg

Yeah. Nice.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
jake_fink said:

JOYCE!!!!!!!

Joyce is my all time favorite so-bad-its-good album cover. Hubby & I are obsessed with Joyce. We actually saw someone that looked like Joyce a few weeks ago and just about pee'd our pants.

Joyce rules.

Also, if you enjoy golden age album cover art, I can't recommend the book "In the Groove, Vintage Record Graphics 1940 - 1960" by Eric Kohler, enough. The book is chocked full of eye candy. I received the book as a gift and was tickled pink to see quite a few albums from my own collection included in the book.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
The infamous "whipped cream (or shaving cream?) girl" cover on that Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass album.
Fun, kitschy and sultry at the same time. :eusa_clap http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/Exhibit.jsp?AlbumID=39

A friend of mine completely wall-papered a room in her house with the Whipped Cream and Other Delights album cover. It's surreal and delightfully wacky (or should I say tacky)?

I love album art and will buy records from thrift stores solely based on their cover art. When I have some free time, I'll have to dig some out of my collection to share.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
album7e.jpg

I don't know why, but this one cracks me up to no end.

The "what IS that?!" looks the band is giving Mae West on her album cover is great too.

The Smiths (sigh). College in an album.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
imoldfashioned said:
album7e.jpg

I don't know why, but this one cracks me up to no end.

There is a whole sub-genre of record art dedicated entirely to religious albums such as this one. I know of folks that collect only these records because they are *so* bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner