Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Removing decal from Aero horsehide A2 jacket.

petng

New in Town
Hi guys.

I have a Aero anniversary A2 jacket coming next week. It has a decal on one of its sleeves. Can anyone recommend a safe way of removing it. I was thinking of first trying rubbing alcohol and then progress to one of those citrus chewing gum removal solutions.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol, that could strip away some of the dye from the leather.

How about a leather cleaner spray? If you can lift the edge of the decal and peel it off you could just use a leather cleaner to remove the sticky residue.

SGB

One of the Regulars
petng said:
Hi guys.

I have a Aero anniversary A2 jacket coming next week. It has a decal on one of its sleeves. Can anyone recommend a safe way of removing it. I was thinking of first trying rubbing alcohol and then progress to one of those citrus chewing gum removal solutions.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

What did Aero tell you to do?

SGB

jschare

New in Town
Most of those decals are put on with some type of glue. Any type of solvent that you would use to remove the decal might hurt the leather. Try contacting Aero and see what they say...

petng

New in Town
Quote from Aero "Hello, we wouldn’t advise taking it off, as some of the coating underneath would come off,
The only way really is to replace the whole top sleeve!"

I suppose coming from a manufacturer they would not recommend anything that may slightly damage their product. I cant imagine them encouraging throwing your jacket in a dryer for eg:

I intend to hot water treatment the the jacket and also get rid of the jackets shine with rubbing alcohol( I have done this to 3 horsehide jackets with good results), so I am not afraid of a little surface coating damage. The jacket is nearly brand new by the way.

There is surely many of you guys out there that has removed decals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97