Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro Raf Gauntlets-Are these any good:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
They look cool? I guess so in the right context, maybe adventure biking. Not so sure about day to day wear personally. How do you plan on using them, on a bike or walking street wear?
To be honest gloves are worn to keep our hands warm or for protection, to me if the style suits the environment I don't care what they look like, though I would not wear these on a track bike day, or with an A2 to pop to the shops. But, were I to be doing some temperate climate adventure biking, maybe :)

Edward

Bartender
I looked at these for that reason a few years ago, but the advice I got in these parts was that (assuming accuracy) they're only an unlined leather shell by design, so for any real warmth you'd need to wear a second glove underneath. I then opted for a couple of much cheaper pairs of sheepskin gloves, like this:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nordvek-Men...n-Gloves-NWT-304-100-/131115746123?nav=SEARCH

These have done my job admirably. For dressier use, I have a couple of pairs from Chester Jeffries, also highly recommended:

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/

Last edited:

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
I looked at theae for that reason a few years ago, but the advice I got in these parts was that (assuming accuracy) they're onky an unlined leather shell by design, so for any real warmth you'd need to wear a second glove underneath. I then opted for a couple of much cheaper pairs of sheepskin gloves, like this:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nordvek-Men...n-Gloves-NWT-304-100-/131115746123?nav=SEARCH

These have done my job admirably. For dressier use, I have a couple of pairs from Chester Jeffries, also highly recommended:

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk/

Thanks for the second link! I am quite tempted by the touch screen gloves but they only come in black. Any idea where to get such gloves in brown?

Deacon211

One Too Many
I had a pair of the Aero gloves. Nice, but indeed meant for flying, not necessarily warmth. I could be wrong, but weren't they meant to be worn over the sleeves?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I had a pair of the Aero gloves. Nice, but indeed meant for flying, not necessarily warmth. I could be wrong, but weren't they meant to be worn over the sleeves?
Usually gauntlets are worn over the sleeve, especially on motorcycles. I am not sure with the RAF gauntlets, most don't look near big enough in the cuff to fit over the sheep lining on an Irvin jacket! Maybe, Andrew will pop in and give us an answer, I sure would like to know.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have seen these repro gloves many times on Ebay. I only have originals, named 1933 pattern and named 1941 pattern gloves. Both will fit over the cuff of an original Irvin jacket, but they can also be worn with the cuff zipped over the gloves.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I have seen these repro gloves many times on Ebay. I only have originals, named 1933 pattern and named 1941 pattern gloves. Both will fit over the cuff of an original Irvin jacket, but they can also be worn with the cuff zipped over the gloves.
Thanks Andrew!

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I need Shoes more than Gloves, these are great looking but...

What That money should truly go for is a pair of turquoise converse shoes instead. (not that I have money for that exactly either right now)

Deacon211

One Too Many
I forgot I had some pics of my Aero gloves. I had to return them as they were too small despite being XL. Don't know what the pattern sizes are, but they seemed small since I am not generally ham fisted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21