Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
I borrowed a sewing machine from a friend and spent the last day and a half making this hickory stripe denim work vest with solid denim pockets and back panel. Its my first time making anything with a sewing machine and I didnt have a pattern to go off of but it turned out alright I think. I couldnt figure out how to get the button hole feature on the machine to work so I did those by hand. It fits pretty well. I also added a camo denim pocket on the inside.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I borrowed a sewing machine from a friend and spent the last day and a half making this hickory stripe denim work vest with solid denim pockets and back panel. Its my first time making anything with a sewing machine and I didnt have a pattern to go off of but it turned out alright I think. I couldnt figure out how to get the button hole feature on the machine to work so I did those by hand. It fits pretty well. I also added a camo denim pocket on the inside.

vest001.jpg

Awesome work for a first time! :eusa_clap I suppose I need to get me a sewing machine too....

Flat Foot Floey

Great work! Is hickory stripe fabric easily avaivable in Canada and the US? It's hard to find good workwear fabrics in germany. At least at the places I went...

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Great work! Is hickory stripe fabric easily avaivable in Canada and the US? It's hard to find good workwear fabrics in germany. At least at the places I went...

I have only found one store that sells it. They have a few different styles for decent prices. Once I figure out how to make some other things I will probably give the other ones a try as well.

Flat Foot Floey

Yes. I just bought the deadstock buttons two weeks ago. The cotton fabric is new but has a nice color and subtle herringbone weave.

flat-top

I unfortunately cannot find pics online, but Old Navy has a new linen blend workshirt in 3 different vintage looking patterns. They each have one flap pocket and one cigarette pocket, cat eye buttons, and tails long enough to tuck in. I got mine on sale for $19.50 and then yesterday was an extra 40% off!

Old Navy once again has some workshirts. Two different styles. One is a standard chambray with a small chinstrap that came in 2 colors (blue and I forget the other). They have metal with white chipped paint buttons. On sale for $19.50. They've had this one one for a while and really isn't that great, but it's there.
And then today I saw a brand new style with a small chinstrap, a cigarette pocket and a (I think)small open pocket, cat eye buttons and pointed placket. It came in a light gray and light reddish pink. On sale for $25. This one I really liked. I'll pick them up when they get much cheaper.
I wish there was a link to provide, but these also are not online.

Last edited:

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Im currently having this 1930's style pullover made by a local tailor. I used 12oz denim so its going to be quite heavy duty. Im going in for a fitting today to confirm some of the details and the fit.

Obviously the finished shirt will have a collar.

denim.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

One of the Regulars
Pattern was made from pictures I submitted as well as my own measurements. I had brought a similar pullover type shirt and explained what I liked and didn't like about the fit of that one and measurements were made based on that.

I think next I want to get a shawl collared denim deck jacket made like the old USN ones from the 40s.

flat-top

Just ordered some LVC stuff that I've been stalking for for some time now.

1920's Jacket:

187432_mrp_in_l.jpg

And what I'm most excited about, a 1930's Fair Isle sweater:

175434_mrp_in_l.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Denimhunters

[video]https://vimeo.com/copenhagers/denimhunters[/video]

Flap top nice jacket LVC does'nt make my size 48 L so I never have to worry about buy it.
As I said before most of the vintage work wear repo's would not have fit my grandfathers who wore it back in the day. They where built like me big chest and they did the same kind of work Maintenance in a factory having to lift
heavy gearboxes and motors. All LVC stuff is cut way to small for someone doing that kind of work.:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

Center crease on 30's work pants

I own two pairs of reproduction 30's cotton work pants and they came with a center crease which I hated and had pressed out. Is not having the crease historically inaccurate (ie. everybody wore them with a crease)? Thanks.

flat-top

Old Navy once again has some workshirts. Two different styles. One is a standard chambray with a small chinstrap that came in 2 colors (blue and I forget the other). They have metal with white chipped paint buttons. On sale for $19.50. They've had this one one for a while and really isn't that great, but it's there.
And then today I saw a brand new style with a small chinstrap, a cigarette pocket and a (I think)small open pocket, cat eye buttons and pointed placket. It came in a light gray and light reddish pink. On sale for $25. This one I really liked. I'll pick them up when they get much cheaper.
I wish there was a link to provide, but these also are not online.

If you have a Gap or Old Navy card everything at ON is an additional 40% off on 7/11. The cigarette pocket shirts were $17.50 last I checked, so you can get both colors for under $25! That's what I'm gonna do!

*Edit: I was just at the mall seeing Spiderman, and went into ON, and the shirts are marked down to $9.99!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21