Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riding Gear

53Effie

A-List Customer
Langlitz Cascade and Frye engineers. My daughter is home from university for a few days and does good with photos. Note that I have a larger tree than JanSolo. ;)

DSC00109-1.jpg

DSC00103-2.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Thanks guys. Dav, the bike was a retirement present that my wife let me buy. I am really enjoying it. Got it about a year ago. I had several Harley's and a couple of BSA's when I was much younger, but hadn't ridden much in years. I am having lots of fun with this one.

ShrunkinCowboy

New in Town
Back in 1972, my first bike was a 1969 BSA 650 Lightning.
Now I'm running around on a 'newer' 1981 Yamaha XJ750 Seca.

Brown 1960's Brooks Bros. black & gold label motorcycle jacket.
White Shoei RF-800 full-face helmet.
Black Hein Gericke vented leather motorcycle gloves.
Brown Ariel boots.

Steve

Nice jacket Mike....and absolutely stunning Sporty. Love the pipes..and the extra little touches! BTW..I ride an '03 Sporty. My first bike was a '67 Triumph..then didn't ride for years...finally purchased a new '85 Kaw which two yrs later I traded for a '87 Lowrider Custom...then a twelve year dry spell. Finally bought my Sportster a few years after early retirement. My kinda bike..and new lease on life. ;)
HD
BTW..is that custom paint on the tank? Looks great..!

53Effie

A-List Customer
Thanks HD. I know what you mean about the new lease on life. The paint was actually an option in 2009 from the factory. I got the bike last fall on a close out deal. If I remember correctly, it was called a 'chisel grind' paint scheme. I don't think they sold too many with this paint as it was a pretty spendy option. Mine is the only one I've seen in my area in the flesh. Pipes are awful loud, but sounds pretty cool.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Thanks also Wilbur. I try really hard to keep it right side up. I've noticed though that I'm not quite as coordinated as I was when I was younger. Just gotta be careful, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR