Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Here's what I got:
beautybox001.jpg

I got the Yes to Carrots lotion, the Aveeno lotion, the Cetaphil sampler, the Stila tinted moisterizer, a couple of the Mary Kay foundations, Aveeda eye accent, the Yardley compact (I LOVE!!!), Revlon eye shadow, the Never Stop Shopping hair clips, the small hair bow, Nivea lip gloss, Youth code sample, Sigma make up brush, purple scarf, Lacura lipstick, Revlon lipstick, flower hair sticks, nail polish marker, Mary Kay eye pallette, Camay soap, Maybeline blush, Urban Decay eye shadows, make up brush, Tangee lipstick (I've always wondered!), the Scunci hair clips, a couple of nail polishes, the Cannabis Rose perfume, and the Celine Dion sample.

Phew! I feel like I took so much, but with my stuff going in, I'm going to be hard pressed to get everything in that box! So if you're looking for the spoolies, they're still there :)!

I am awaiting Ginfizz's address, and this packed-tight box will be on the road again!

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Wow. That was quite the haul you took! I'm so excited if that's how much stuff is in there!

I sent my address to wire9vintage and am so excited for my turn! I have a pretty good sized bag full of goodies all ready to put in myself.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Wow you got so much great stuff. I put in some of the things you picked. I hope you like the Yes to Carrots lotion. I really like it in winter for dry skin.

zombi

A-List Customer
Aww, I'm so glad the Cannabis Rose perfume is going to a good home! I put it in last round. It's a lovely perfume. I hope you enjoy it~

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Thanks ladies! My daughter actually grabbed the perfume (I didn't even think she liked perfume, but who knows about 15 year olds??). She contributed some things she got for Christmas that were not her style but that someone else will like for sure! I tell you, that box is so packed I never thought I'd get it closed again!

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Boy oh boy is that box full! I just received it today made my picks and packed it up. I'm waiting on an address, and then will be posting pictures soon!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait to see what goodies you find, ginfizz!

That's a serious haul, Wire9Vintage! :lol: You picked several items I put in, I hope you enjoy them! I am so glad that you took the Revlon Cherries in the Snow and the Tangee lipsticks. I bought both of those and was so excited about them. Tried them once, and they were way too pink for me. I hope they work for you because they're both lovely. Also, I *love* those Lacura lipsticks, I own several and bought multiple backups before they were discontinued. Figured I could spare one for the box. :D They have a really nice texture.

Last edited:

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Can't wait to see what goodies you find, ginfizz!

That's a serious haul, Wire9Vintage! :lol: You picked several items I put in, I hope you enjoy them! I am so glad that you took the Revlon Cherries in the Snow and the Tangee lipsticks. I bought both of those and was so excited about them. Tried them once, and they were way too pink for me. I hope they work for you because they're both lovely. Also, I *love* those Lacura lipsticks, I own several and bought multiple backups before they were discontinued. Figured I could spare one for the box. :D They have a really nice texture.

Thanks, Fort Worth Gal (waving up the road to you)! I was just about to come on here and ask about the Lacura lipstick! I LOVE it (wearing it right now!). It's discontinued?? Poo! Am I actually am quite thrilled with the Tangee. it's a surprisingly nice (subtle) color. My 83-year-old mother was excited to hear about it, saying that was what she used to wear. Maybe it's a genetic thing with that lipstick!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ It might be genetic, because the Tangee turned *hot* pink on me! I was disappointed because I wanted to love it so much, but it just wasn't flattering on a pale, freckled redhead. I'm glad it went to a good home! Lord knows I couldn't bear to throw it away, having only been used a scant couple of times.

The Lacura brand is actually from Aldi. They are supposed to be nice quality cosmetics & skincare (most are made in Germany) at discount prices, and I've been very happy with everything I've used. I use several of their skincare items and makeup and love them. They discontinued all of the makeup and a lot of the skincare late last year to focus on a few core items only. They had the lipsticks marked down, and I really stocked up on them because I loved them so much. The texture is very nice and the reds are quite flattering.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to send the box out yet some weird emergency came up that didn't allow me access to the box for a few days. However I will be sending it out as soon as I get the chance, I promise I'm not just hoarding it.
Also everyone should be quite excited I actually couldn't even fit everything I wanted to in there it's so full to the brim! I promise pictures and the sending off of the box very soon.

MissLaurieMarie

One of the Regulars
I went shopping this weekend to pick up some goodies for the box, but I think there's even more I want to put in! I hope there's room by the time it gets to me :D

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Photoon2-6-12at146PM2.jpg

What I took
Mary Kay Foundation
Avon SKin so Soft Bar
Dream Mousse blush and bronzer.
Set of Neiman Marcus brushes.
Adorable blue ribbon bow
Some Powder Puffs
Bath Bombs
Hair combs with gold and red flowers on them.
Little crochet collar
MAC foundation
The Spoolies!
Colourworks nailpolish
Aveda Honeysuckle lip gloss
Revlon lipstick-Ravish me Red, Fire and Ice, Cherries in the Snow, Kiss me Coral
Maybeline Lipstick-Cinnamon Stick, Are you Red-y
Limecrime lipstick-Retrofuturist
Dolce & Gabanna perfume trial McClendon trial size White Vetiver Trial sized perfume.

oh...and I took another 2 nail polishes that aren't in the picture one is pink and one is green. I can add a picture later.

I feel like I took so much, but like I said there really is so much in there, and Wire9Vintage packed an unbelievable amount into that box. It was barely taped shut! When I took the package to the post office the woman made some comment to me about how people always try to overfill these boxes.

I think I put some good stuff in there, I can't wait to see what everyone else takes!

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
OK, now I'm concerned. You said when you got the box it was barely taped shut? I taped the heck outta that thing, and it was packed so that the lid was (mostly!) perfectly flat. Believe me, I packed and repacked several times over!

I wonder if someone opened it?? Maybe the post office because they could hear liquid in it? I had a pick up, and didn't get the usual "Is there anything liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous?" stuff... What has been the experience on dealing with this box full of liquids?

Ladies shipping this to other countries might need to check on regulations!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wonder if someone opened it?? Maybe the post office because they could hear liquid in it? I had a pick up, and didn't get the usual "Is there anything liquid, fragile, or potentially hazardous?" stuff... What has been the experience on dealing with this box full of liquids?

I mentioned liquids and indicated there was nail polish in it when I sent it. The lady at the post office paused and then asked me how many bottles of nail polish. I mentioned several (really, there was a lot in the box, but I couldn't remember exactly). She said as long as it wasn't entirely full of nail polish, it would be ok. But, I wasn't sending it internationally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk