Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Hm... I mean when I received it it was taped well, I more just meant that it wasn't flat at all and busting at all the seams. It looked like it had taken a lot of pulling to get it shut.
I suppose it's possible somebody may have opened it, but even if they did it didn't appear like anything could have been missing.
And no offense was meant to Wire9Vintage, I was more just saying how full it was already when I got it.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ginfizz you got some fun stuff, I am glad you liked the hair combs an bows I made. Also let me know how you like the are you ready lipstick, it's one of my favorite reads.

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan I love all the little hair bows and things you made to put in there, they're all so adorable!
Also Forthworthgal I tried the blush but not the bronzer yet I really like the blush.

Tatum

Practically Family
I should have gotten the box today but our mail lady is too lazy to get out of her truck (this is the norm, if I'm not on the front porch I don't get my packages) so I get to pick it up at the P.O. tomorrow!

zombi

A-List Customer
I love the Maybelline mousse blushes too, they're so easy to apply and fun.

As for shipping internationally with liquids -- I am the one who will be shipping out of the USA to another country because I volunteer for this. I regularly ship packages with liquids or beauty supplies in them to friends in other countries, and frankly I never have trouble. The box made it to Canada with perfume in it last time (even though that's technically against the rules innit??)! So I'm sure it will be fine. :D

The box was probably just roughly handled in transit by the USPS. It happens a lot :( So maybe that's why the tape was so messed up or contents had shifted?

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I should have gotten the box today but our mail lady is too lazy to get out of her truck (this is the norm, if I'm not on the front porch I don't get my packages) so I get to pick it up at the P.O. tomorrow!

This is so sad and annoying. When I lived in my old apartment USPS handled my mail terribly. Apparently my route only had subs working and, as it seemed, they don't give a darn about people's mail. So glad I moved into a new zip! You should complain to USPS about the behavior of your mail lady. What if everyone was too lazy to do their jobs as assigned?!?!

P.S. I love the idea of the Beauty Box and lurk this thread religiously! :D

Tatum

Practically Family
Sorry, just was able to pick it up yesterday (grr work)! Happy Valentine's day to me though ;)

I should have time to get into it tonight! I can't wait to see all the goodies and repack!

Tatum

Practically Family
Okay ladies, I'm going to have to do a major repack! The box suffered some punctures (just looks like rough handling) and we had a couple casualties as far as things opening, a shadow busting... We are amazingly out of ziplock bags, so I will have to get some more before I can repack it. I am also going to get us a new box from the P.O.

But oh my, it was packed to the gills! Some of my items may have to wait til round 3... ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Hi, is it to late to join in.

Too late for this round, but hopefully we'll be doing a round 3 as soon as this one is done, so keep an eye out on this forum for the sign-up thread.

Okay ladies, I'm going to have to do a major repack! The box suffered some punctures (just looks like rough handling) and we had a couple casualties as far as things opening, a shadow busting... We are amazingly out of ziplock bags, so I will have to get some more before I can repack it. I am also going to get us a new box from the P.O.

But oh my, it was packed to the gills! Some of my items may have to wait til round 3... ;)

Oh dear! Sorry to hear that the box suffered some damage! Sometimes the post office can be rough with things. Hopefully most everything is okay. I can't wait to see what you pick!

Tatum

Practically Family
I'm going to try to post pics tonight (technical difficulties around here) but the box is going to the PO to go to SwingingBee in about a half hour!

Tatum

Practically Family
Okay, sorry for the delay in posting. It has been a cluster around here! Got some great lippy out of this one, something different than red!

Here is my haul...
20120225-095745-e1330182539790.jpg

ginfizz

One of the Regulars
You took a lot of my things!
A word of warning about the straightener it works fine, it just takes a little longer to heat up than some of the more expensive ones. So just give it awhile to heat up before you use it, and you shouldn't have a problem. It's a curved one too so it works well for curls.

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks for the tip, ginfizz! I want to try doing the pincurl method with it. Perfect opportunity!

I wonder if SwingingBee got the box yet? The PO told me (when I took it in) that it should probably get to her Saturday, so I wonder... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points