Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ Me too. I wish I knew what happened.

Okay ladies, we're going to restart this round. I have some extra stuff (as usual), so I will start a box & send it to RetroGIJane, so she'll at least have something to pick from and not have to fill up a whole box on her own and not get anything out. I will try to get the box out to her this week.

Here's the updated list:

Fortworthgal (restarting box) - Texas
RetroGIJane – Iowa, US
katiesparkles - Rhode Island, US
Zombi – Oklahoma, US

Olivebleu – Nova Scotia, Canada
MissLaurieMarie – Alberta, Canada

Lindabelle – NSW, Australia

I would also like to say that if any of you feel you need to drop out of this round for any reason (time etc), or if you get the box and there's a problem and perhaps you cannot afford to ship it out to the next person, please PM me and let me know, and we'll work something out. As long as I'm kept updated there won't be any problems.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much again for including me, Forthworthgal!

It really is sad :( She still hasn't replied to anyone? Has someone tried maybe looking if she has a Facebook? Don't mean to sound like a Smarty, but maybe this option was overlooked... :/

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I think someone did try to FB her and got no response. I replied to FortWorthGal's PM with my addy so she can send it out when she is ready to go.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
There were several attempts by multiple people to contact her through various methods, but no replies were received. I don't want to be a buzzkill, but I really think it is best if we do not discuss it on the thread. None of us know her circumstances and for all we know, something awful may have happened (although I hope that is not the case) or she may be dealing with extenuating circumstances in her life. I am sad about this turn of events (and I admit, annoyed), but I am also hesitant to gossip or accuse without knowing the full story. I hope that makes sense.

On that note, moving on! I will post when I get the box shipped out to GIJane. I work for a church and this being Holy Week, I am crazy busy, but I'll do my best to get it out within the next couple of days! :D

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Katie, I tracked down her Facebook and messaged her, and since the box went from me to her, I had her full name, and seeing something from me, I thought she might respond. I haven't heard anything yet. I just hope she's alright, and I'm with fortworthgal: we just need to let it drop and move on, no sense speculating.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
You two are right, and I didn't mean to come across too nosey or something. And of course I'm hoping she's okay!
But like you said already: moving on! :)

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I have a question regarding cosmetics...I have a couple of eyeshadows that are at least a couple years old, but rarely used. I know that some follow the rule of thumb of tossing make-up after six months (or whatever the magic number is). Do people mind make up that's old like that? If not, I'll toss them in after spritzing with some alcohol.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ I never follow that rule. IMHO I think they're okay and people can make up their own minds.

You two are right, and I didn't mean to come across too nosey or something. And of course I'm hoping she's okay!
But like you said already: moving on! :)

You're fine! I just don't want it to spiral into badmouthing or gossiping when the person isn't present to defend herself.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
^ I never follow that rule. IMHO I think they're okay and people can make up their own minds.

You're fine! I just don't want it to spiral into badmouthing or gossiping when the person isn't present to defend herself.

Totally understandable, and the right thing to do for sure! :)

As for older eyeshadows, I agree and think they should be fine. The only thing I toss after a while is goopy lipgloss or dried out nail polish... the rest stays. :D

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Thanks Fortworthgal for continuing this round. I'm really looking forward to contributing some nice things to the box. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk