Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Ladies, I have a bag of travel/hotel sized vintage soaps from the 40s-60s - Sweetheart, Cashmere Bouquet, Ivory, Palmolive. All are in the original wrappers. I was thinking about putting these in for people to choose from. Would anyone be interested in these, or should I just leave them out?

zombi

A-List Customer
Put them in!!

As far as old makeup -- if it is powder, it does not harbor bacteria like liquid or cream makeup does. Therefore you don't have to be *as* concerned about older powdered makeup. I will be wiping everything I put in the box with alcohol pads, but I think it is all right even if you don't. :)

zombi

A-List Customer
Haha -- I pulled soaps out of my hall closet, too! I have various sample-sizes from an Etsy soapmaker I like and one from Lush, so those are going in the box when it comes to me. Tonight I finished gathering up what I'm putting in. Ugh, it is going to be heavy when I am done! But I'm excited :) There's a couple of things that are sample sizes that are Asian, so I'll probably include instructions/explanations for those.

olive bleu

One Too Many
I think now that I've done this once, I'm even more excited for the 2nd Round. I hesitate to buy any new cosmetics right now..the stuff i took out the last time, i loved so much, i use it almost exclusively :) Can't wait to see what I find this time!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ That is great to hear, olive & katie! I can't wait to see what kind of goodies everyone gets!

On another note, I have heard from SwingingBee, and we are back on track - the box is on the way to RetroGIJane. So probably come Monday, GIJane will have *two* boxes to choose from and combine! :D So all of you ladies are in for a real treat with all the goodies coming your way!

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Oh YAY!!!
First of all, I'm glad that SwingingBee is well and nothing happened! Second of all... THAT'S AWESOME! :)
And thinking of it -- would it make sense to get a bigger Flatrate box? Or do they only have a certain size? :confused:*sratch head*

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
We've been using the Priority large flat rate, so the cost is the same for everyone ($15). It is the largest one the USPS offers. I guess RetroGIJane is going to have to: A. be greedy, B. leave some stuff out & hold onto it, C. learn to pack really, really well. :lol:

zombi

A-List Customer
I may actually re-pack into a different box because I will be sending to a non-US country. I have been told at the post office that when items are in priority mail boxes, they are not eligible for all types of international shipping, and so putting in a non-priority box when it gets to me might save me (and the other int'l shippers!) a little money. :)

olive bleu

One Too Many
The rules may be different going from the U.S to Canada, but when I sent the last box back to the U.S., it was in the original box..i think the post office just ignored the fact that it was in the Priority box. I was also pleasantly suprised that they did not give me a hard time filling out the customs form.I have heard some crazy stories about how detailed the list of items needed to be. I admit i was pretty vague ..but it was pretty painless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran