Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round 2 Beauty Box thread

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Outside of the US, I'm not sure the box matters, because the USPS flat rate boxes are only available within the US. If you ladies want to go to a bigger box, that's fine with me - we had stuck to the large USPS flat rate within the US to keep the postage costs down, and equal for everyone. But, I'm open to change so long as everyone else is okay with it. I think the USPS large flat rate is good for within the US, so long as we can fit everything in there within reason.

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Fortworthgal's box is waiting for me at home! Just received a quick call from my hubby confirming it. Fortworthgal told me to hold on and wait for the other box from SwingingBee, hopefully I will be able to cram everything together into one box and still have room for my stuff! I had to learn how to pack pretty tight in the military with all the "interesting" gear we had so maybe those skills will come in handy yet again! ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Yay! Glad my box arrived intact. I really hope you find some things you can use! On a side note, I didn't realize you had served in the military. Duh, your username... :lol: Thank you for your service!

Regarding the other box that is heading your way, I have not seen any updates on the tracking since April 6. I realize there was a holiday weekend in there, but I really do not want to hold this round up any more than it already has been. I will PM you about this RetroGIJane, but we need to get this round moving again and not wait on another box to show up if we don't have to.

Here's the updated list:

RetroGIJane – Iowa, US <--- has box now
katiesparkles - Rhode Island, US
Zombi – Oklahoma, US

Olivebleu – Nova Scotia, Canada
MissLaurieMarie – Alberta, Canada

Lindabelle – NSW, Australia

Last edited:

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
I have been out of town and am currently on mobile so I can't post a pic of my loot, but I wanted to update that the missing box might be at the post office for me today. I can't think of who else it might be so I've pmed FWG and katiesparkles to coordinate getting it to her ( she should have the other one today) so the can be combined.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Good news on the MIA box! I did track the MIA box on the USPS website, and it does show as delivered on Saturday, so that must be it.

Here's how I suggest we handle this situation: I have asked RetroGIJane to go through the MIA box and select stuff for herself just like it is the regular box. I feel this is only fair, since the last box she got was only a few things from me, and the rest of us have had a whole box o' loot to pick through. Also, as she will have to pay postage twice in this round (once for the box she just sent, and now the MIA box.) I have asked her not to add any additional items to this box. Katiesparkles will have to wait on the MIA box to arrive to her, and then combine both boxes into a large flat rate before sending to Zombi. I realize this will put another slight delay on the box, but I feel this is the best option given the situation.

Is this acceptable for everyone?

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Works for me, ForthWorthGal and Retro_GI_Jane! I'm at work right now, and the current box shows as Out for Delivery, but it most likely is sitting in our house already! :)
Once the 2nd box arrives I'll be more than happy to combine the two.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I came home a bit ago and immediately snagged up the box!!! :D
Love all the goodies, I can't wait to give them a new home.. teehee.

With the second box coming it's really gonna be quite a challenge to fit everything inside.. I'm sure it'll work out somehow though.
I'm off to bed right now *yawn but I will definitely post a picture tomorrow! :)

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
So glad to hear you got the first box, Katie! The big one should be out to you tomorrow or Thursday!

Here's my loot! The first picture is from the new box FWG put together. Not pictured is a set of hot sticks I had plugged in because I couldn't wait to give them a whirl! I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them but so far I like how they give my hair a nice wave when I don't want it completely pin straight.

7087737105_731d235351_z.jpg

The second is from the MIA box. Again not pictured is a curling iron labeled CVS. Couldn't wait to try it so it was plugged in (I'm a nerd!). But whoever put that in, thank you! I've been holding out for a small barreled one and that is perfect! Was even able to shape my daughter's natural waves into more defined curls.

Also thanks to whoever put in all the Covergirl blushers. I dropped and broke my current everyday color and I'm positive one of the couple I picked was the one I broke!

7087737171_75166645d8_z.jpg

There was some sort of concealer labeled HD that was in a bag of it's own (I think it was a trial?) that I had to pitch...the lid came off and it was all over the bag and a lipstick that the lid got crushed so it was broken out of the tube and in the lid. Hope that was ok...I didn't see any way to salvage them.

I stuck in a large barreled curling iron, some lippies and other various cosmetics in the first box that will have to be combined. I do want to note there is a lipstick I put in there that is from Covergirl (but you can't read the label, it wore off) that is supposed to be a long lasting stain. I hated it, it felt like latex paint on my lips but if you try it, you will need baby oil to get it off!

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Oh, you got some lovely things as well!!! The first picture with the green, round tin (??) - is that a soap? It looks gorgeous!
I personally love NYX's soft matte lip creme, it smells like cotton candy to me. I have to stop myself from eating it every time I wear it! lol

I'll post round 1 when I come home, can't wait to see what box number two will bring :D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Nice haul, RetroGIJane! You found some very fun things. I put in all the Cover Girl blushes, glad to see they found a good home.

Katiesparkles - I can't wait to see what you find!

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
Aww, yay! Glad this is all working out. I'll go ahead and PM katiesparkles with my address so she'll have it on hand.

That green tin looks like it might be a lip balm to me!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ The green tin is a solid violet perfume. I picked it out of the box on the last go-round, but decided I would probably never use it, so I put it back in. I believe it is from Spain. Really lovely!

Retro_GI_Jane

One of the Regulars
Oh, you got some lovely things as well!!! The first picture with the green, round tin (??) - is that a soap? It looks gorgeous!
I personally love NYX's soft matte lip creme, it smells like cotton candy to me. I have to stop myself from eating it every time I wear it! lol

I'll post round 1 when I come home, can't wait to see what box number two will bring :D

I thought the same thing about the NYX gloss! I was looking all over the tube to see if it said anything about candy. lol

^ The green tin is a solid violet perfume. I picked it out of the box on the last go-round, but decided I would probably never use it, so I put it back in. I believe it is from Spain. Really lovely!

Yup, it's from Spain. I'm glad you did because I love it. I was initially drawn to it because the tin looks vintage but I really do love the light flowery fragrance. I've been wearing it every day since!

olive bleu

One Too Many
I'm thrilled to say that my replacement cord arrived for my camera today..and I'm relieved it works! So i won't have to use my son's cell phone this time to take pictures of the goodies.. ha ha.

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
Okay Ladies.. are you ready? :D
Just kidding!

Here's my loot:
k3sep.jpg

The Bath & Body Works shampoo (actually leaked a bit into the plastic baggy, so I decided to give it a new home on my bathroom shelf and take the respective conditioners as well, so it doesn't get lonely.. lol! The clips were in their own separate bags, but I thought it would be best to reuse them for some of the things I'm putting in! Box 1 is pretty packed at the moment... Can't wait to play Make Up Tetris with Box 2 lol Gals, there are some awesome things coming your way!

katiesparkles

One of the Regulars
I thought the same thing about the NYX gloss! I was looking all over the tube to see if it said anything about candy. lol

Yup, it's from Spain. I'm glad you did because I love it. I was initially drawn to it because the tin looks vintage but I really do love the light flowery fragrance. I've been wearing it every day since!

The tin definitely looks gorgeous.. I'm such a nut for packaging lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran