Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Round G2

Mrdi

New in Town
Would like to find a G2 or an A2 repro. that will be appropriate for
5'10" 210 lb mature gentleman.
I am beyond the fighter stage in my maturity.
Good quality is also paramount.
All comments and suggestions welcome.

Best,

Mrdi

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Look to Flight Suits/Gibson & Barnes - their sizing is appropriate for us wider types.

I am similar to your size (5'8", 215lbs) and have both their Civil A-2 and Historical M-422A (older style G-1) in my usual suit size of 46R. The sleeves are a bit long (which is always true for me, since my sizing issues are all about waist girth!), but the fit is good otherwise, particularly on the M-422A. It is cut a little closer in the chest/shoulders/arms than the A-2 is. Both are beautiful, well-made, "semi-accurate" jackets. You can either go with their current-spec A-2s and G-1s, or their Historical line. They don't make a G-2, but their "Raider" jacket is very similar (essentially a Navy G-1 jacket without the fur collar) apart from the pockets...

Just be sure to order via their website (initially, even if you end up following up with a phone conversation for details), which still has the old prices - many of which are $100 less than their current catalog. Explicitly ask to be sure that they'll honor the old price...

http://www.flightsuits.com/leather.html

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
If you ask them, G&B will make you an AN-J-3 jacket which is essentially a G-2. Make sure you get the right measurements so they can help you get the correct size. Everyone who has one of these jackets loves them. The goatskin is outstanding. Good luck.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes