Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam's Tailor Linen Suit

spiridon

A-List Customer
GREAT looking suit Mr. Rover!!!! I'd love to have one like that for Summers here on the Gulf Coast. I've got several prs. of linen slacks and linen jackets, but not an actual suit......much less one that splendid.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mike

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Rover said:
Sam's is located on Nathan Road in Hong Kong. A quick search on google will find his web-site. You just have to be very insistent on the details...
thanks for all the info.. so much to think about so many options! :D

The real Henry

Practically Family
Looks very cool! :eusa_clap

If I'll ever have the money to get a suit taylored, that style will be exactly what I'd order.

Though I think I wouldn't dare to wear a cream linen suit to school!;)

Regards,
Henrik

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks, Benny! I can't wait for it to warm up here again...it was 80 degrees before I left and I came back to 60 degrees and rain. Blegh.
Also, my director found a poorly listed vintage boater in my size for a play that we're working on and he's going to let me keep it after the show :eusa_clap

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I was just making that for a longterm IB project...it's actually still not done. I've got 2 more scenes to shoot and music to add, but that's about it. I'm not that great of a director- I think too much for the other performers. It's the actor in me.

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Sam's

Mr. Rover said:
Sam's is located on Nathan Road in Hong Kong. A quick search on google will find his web-site.

Ray,

Nice suit.

Sam's used to be pretty much the standard man's outfitter to the British forces and civil service before the hand-back. His tailors are good, but IME not used to 'pushing the boat out' ITO style. You have done well to get (mainly) the features you want. I have had a couple of suits made by Sam and I've been happy, but I think he's expensive compared to other tailors in Nathan Road (e.g. Punjab House).

I'll be in Hong Kong next month. I think I may visit Sam again.

Alan

GBR

One of the Regulars
Are Sam's products fused or canvassed these days - or is that a choice you make or insist upon?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Fused or floating

GBR said:
Are Sam's products fused or canvassed these days - or is that a choice you make or insist upon?

The suits I bought from them (one of which I still have) were floating (canvassed) but I discussed that feature with the tailor. I'm not sure what you would get as default. I'll ask when I'm there in May.

Alan

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Rover said:
I brought in a pair of 30s suit pants and pretty much said "copy these". 20.5" around the bottom, 2" cuffs. They're lined to the knee in the front, which I hadn't requested. Atleast I won't have to worry about my blue boxers showing through the linen, even if I won't be quite as cool.

Don't laugh ...my linen trousers are all unlined and I find that in summer on a really hot day you can get chafing... Next time its half lined for me.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ray...you've just put me in the mood...

...for looking into a belted back Linen(ish) Palm Beach suit for next summer. Thanks my friend!!! I knew I had to think of something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24