Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam's Tailor Linen Suit

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I had a linen suit made last week when I was in Hong Kong by the well-known Sam's Tailor.
Well, I'll let the pictures do the talking:
CIMG8820.jpg

Single Breasted 3-button rolled to the middle, peak lapels, patch pockets

CIMG8822.jpg

The belted back

CIMG8826.jpg

Wide, straight-legged pants

CIMG8824.jpg

High-waisted goodness!

Jovan

Suspended
Shouldn't the other two have no buttonhole whatsoever if the tailor only makes two working? Information from here.

Suit's pretty awesome. :)

EDIT: Okay, nevermind. He said "sham" buttonholes in the article. I don't know how that works for later on, removing the stitching must be a witch with a "B."

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thanks for the compliments, guys :)
I guess the other two are just decoration. It would look odd if the first two had buttonholes and the last two didn't (even if it's just the illusion of it)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
i'm really liking the trousers. Belt back jackets i can take or leave, but he seems to have done quite a good job of it.

bk

I brought in a pair of 30s suit pants and pretty much said "copy these". 20.5" around the bottom, 2" cuffs. They're lined to the knee in the front, which I hadn't requested. Atleast I won't have to worry about my blue boxers showing through the linen, even if I won't be quite as cool.

Rooster

Practically Family
Great suit. I like the look of the high waisted pants on you, sharp look. Unfortunatly high waisted pants on me look horrible, too much gut, I look like a one of those funny old men.....:eusa_doh: Oh to only have my wasted youth back when I was built as slim as you are now. lol lol

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Fantastic!

Wow! Ray, this is one of the most elegant summer suits I have seen.

First of all, it looks great on you. I agree that the sleeves could be a touch shorter for my taste, but since these things are a matter of personal taste, there is nothing at all wrong with the way they are and they look very good on you.

The details are incredible, especially that belted back, which the tailor did a masterful job on.

Perhaps the highlight maybe the trousers, which look perfectly vintage and extraordinary on you.

Lastly, I love patch pockets, especially on a summer suit.

Excellent! Now go tour some exotic places and send back photos. Enjoy!

Jovan

Suspended
herringbonekid said:
proportions and cut look really good. pretty much perfect. sleeves could be a touch shorter.
only thing... the top button seems a bit redundant.
It's called a three roll two, and is done that way on purpose. I like the look of them.

Now that i realise it's a 3-button, i suspect the 3 roll 2 has been incorrectly press'd in that it's been pressed too much rather than the lapel being allowed to roll from the second button.

As i see it the perfect 3 roll 2 will allow the top button to peep out, giving a reason for the top buttonhole to exist. As it is right now, as HBK points out, the buttonhole looks like an embellishment rather than a potentially functional feature.

The way it was pressed, i'd just assumed it was a 2-button (which would have been my preference for a SBPL jacket.

bk

Jovan

Suspended
Three roll twos can have a varying degree of roll. Some you see half of the button, others almost none or just from the side. It all depends on the tailor's (and customer's) preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24