Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott PER2 arrived...

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
...I finally got a Perfecto, a jacket that IMO everybody should have. I was lucky enough to find the top of the range for a reasonable price, and they jacket is great. Besides two things.

1) The PER2 is supposed to be the replica of a vintage Perfecto jacket with mismatched hardware. I supposed that it was a 613 in horsehide with brass Talon zippers and, it was, besides the length which is not 24" like the vintage ones and the new 613/618 but almost 26"! I'm not a fan of long jacket and I feel it a little uncomfortable to wear it, especially zipped.

2) I don't know what happened but the jacket is pretty creased, it almost looks like it had a bad half an hour of time in a washing machine! I took some pics and I can't understand if it was the shipping or the vintage treatment of the leather:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.usUploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Besides that the jacket is great, really great: the hh is very heavy but supple, I love the cotton plaid (much better than the quilted rayon used for the current production Perfectos, the brass Talons looks vintage and perhaps they really are, and yes, there are the stars. When my old man saw the jacket he told me the went to the theaters back in '61 to watch the Wild One and he can still remember that his jacket had the stars on the epaluettes...so now anybody on the board have any idea on how to shorten the jacket of two inches? :p

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
So is this a current production replica of a late 40s 613? If so, I wonder why Schott didn't use the black lining? Not that the plaid isn't cool, but if going to the trouble to do a HH, I would have thought they would have put in the black lining. And yes, I remember the stars from the reruns of the Wild One. Every now and then I still see a 613 on one of the old timers.

I think the creases are from the shipping. If you wet the area where the creases are, and put the jacket out flat to dry, they probably will disappear, or at least be diminished when dry.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
So is this a current production replica of a late 40s 613? If so, I wonder why Schott didn't use the black lining? Not that the plaid isn't cool, but if going to the trouble to do a HH, I would have thought they would have put in the black lining. And yes, I remember the stars from the reruns of the Wild One. Every now and then I still see a 613 on one of the old timers.

I think the creases are from the shipping. If you wet the area where the creases are, and put the jacket out flat to dry, they probably will disappear, or at least be diminished when dry.

No, the current production replica of the 40s 613 (that were in steerhide) is the 613XX for the japanese market, they also made an HH version , the XH, but it's difficult to get...I don't know where the plaid came, perhaps by older jacket fo the 30s, but I prefer it. Schott offers the 618 in HH, tough, and if you want the stars they'll place on that.

I think this jacket is a sort of modern version of the old jacket with a modern long fit and they are supposed to be the top of the range (there's a PER1 in brown steerhide and a PER3 with a d-pocket and no belt) limited edition...for the creases I assume I've to place all the jacket in the shower because they're everwhere and I think it's the vintage treatment of the hide...too uniform.

Edward

Bartender

Note, though, that Brando's stars are in the "wrong" place, as his was actually a 618 made up to look like the earlier 613 jacket.

cuthbert

One of the Regulars
Note, though, that Brando's stars are in the "wrong" place, as his was actually a 618 made up to look like the earlier 613 jacket.

Ed, I'm sorry but you're wrong! :p

Brando's jacket in that movie was a 613 with added snaps on the collar BUT not on the jacket, a 618 would have had four snaps on the body...

mrbig07

New in Town
I'm considering getting one of these PER2's, what's a decent price for them? I'm shopping around to see if I can find one on sale...despite knowing that probably won't happen! Would you have any pictures of you wearing the jacket?

gd1944

New in Town
No, the current production replica of the 40s 613 (that were in steerhide) is the 613XX for the japanese market, they also made an HH version , the XH, but it's difficult to get...I don't know where the plaid came, perhaps by older jacket fo the 30s, but I prefer it. Schott offers the 618 in HH, tough, and if you want the stars they'll place on that.

I think this jacket is a sort of modern version of the old jacket with a modern long fit and they are supposed to be the top of the range (there's a PER1 in brown steerhide and a PER3 with a d-pocket and no belt) limited edition...for the creases I assume I've to place all the jacket in the shower because they're everwhere and I think it's the vintage treatment of the hide...too uniform.
That's Cool! What leather is PER3 made of? Do you have a picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR