Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Screen Names...

Pilgrim

One Too Many
By the way, MK, Bebop and Mysterygal - I'm currently in Colorado, but grew up in Eastern Washington (Pullman) and I'm an officer in the WSU Alumni Association. Washington is where my heart is, and long term my wife and I will probably be headed back there.

Those who haven't lived in the Pacific NW don't know what they're missing.

My best to you, and a hearty GO COUGS! (Even if you have purple in your closet. Or maybe especially if that's the case.)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Pilgrim said:
By the way, MK, Bebop and Mysterygal - I'm currently in Colorado, but grew up in Eastern Washington (Pullman) and I'm an officer in the WSU Alumni Association. Washington is where my heart is, and long term my wife and I will probably be headed back there.

Those who haven't lived in the Pacific NW don't know what they're missing.

My best to you, and a hearty GO COUGS! (Even if you have purple in your closet. Or maybe especially if that's the case.)
couldn't of said it better! I most certainly hope you and the misses move back here soon...we would all love to meet you. We're planning a small get together this summer near Seattle, maybe an excuse for a little visit? ;)

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
The Wolf said:
Caledonia, how did you choose your name?
Are you a fan of Louis Jordan's song.

With Caledonia being from Scotland, I believe she chose it because it is another name for Scotland. If my guess is correct.

Caledonia,
Is that you in your avatar? Very beautiful. I have always loved the lassies of Scotland. I am a member of the North American Association, Grandfather Mountain Branch of Clan Cameron and have a very strong connection to my Scottish Heritage. What part of Scotland are you from?

Gray Ghost

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Way back in the dark ages...

One summer when I was in college, I was able to procure a temporary work permit for the UK. I went over and got a job in a London pub working as a bartender. When the locals (this place was off the tourist track) found out where I was from, they just started calling me the Reno Kid. So I guess it's just a way of reliving part of my mis-spent youth.

Bill Deming

Caledonia

Practically Family
Gray Ghost said:
With Caledonia being from Scotland, I believe she chose it because it is another name for Scotland. If my guess is correct.

Caledonia,
Is that you in your avatar? Very beautiful. I have always loved the lassies of Scotland. I am a member of the North American Association, Grandfather Mountain Branch of Clan Cameron and have a very strong connection to my Scottish Heritage. What part of Scotland are you from?

Gray Ghost

Hi guys. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Yes, absolutely, Scotland = Caledonia and vice versa. Was completely stumped for something more original. Thanks for the compliment. It is me. I was originally from a wee town outside of Glasgow, but have gradually migrated south so I am now in South Lanarkshire very close to both the Borders and Dumfries & Galloway. Am definitely a central Scotland kind of Scot, although I prefer the upland environment and live on a hill. Maybe I was a Highlander in a past life, although the way the midgies seem to be attracted to me, I doubt I'd have liked it much!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Hey Mysterygal and others (anyone in Portland?) - I'll be at a WSU alumni board meeting in Vancouver WA June 10, coming in on the 9th. If anyone wants to have a libation the evening of the 9th, I might be able to swing it. Don't have plane reservations yet, so my travel times are still "up in the air". (I know, I know.)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lack of imagination I guess on the name front!

Just used the name people know me as, as I hate to complicate things!! Plus, I am an Ulsterman from Northern Ireland (Scots-Irish), but now living on the Scottish Borders, so it has that Irish link too.
I couldn't think of an interesting or clever sounding nom-de-plume, so went for my Mark One name!! Paddy Middleton :)
Somehow, I don't think any of you folk would thank me if I were now to totally change it for a stylised 'retro/vintage' name!!!, mmmm Bomber Baron? or Fynn's sidekick..? noooope, don't think that would work somehow!!! :)

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
In "The Road to Singapore" Bob Hope (my favorite actor) played Ace Lannigan- which I mistook for Hannigan- but which I always thought was more distinguished. (Like Anne with an "E".;)

Reilly was an abandoned child raised and trained by an old west gambler in Louis LaMour's "Reilly's Luck" which is my favorite "Lewie" novel.

Hannigan Reilly was born.

If I had thought longer, I might have gone with Johnny Dollar, my favorite old-time radio investigator.

anon`

One Too Many
I'm surrounded by many more distinguished handles :eek:

I am, amongst other things, an inveterate geek at heart, and I've used this handle on IRC for years. It's since migrated to be my standard forum handle as well (largely because I don't like having to remember a dozen different logins). No special meaning to it, other than the obvious.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Pilgrim said:
Hey Mysterygal and others (anyone in Portland?) - I'll be at a WSU alumni board meeting in Vancouver WA June 10, coming in on the 9th. If anyone wants to have a libation the evening of the 9th, I might be able to swing it. Don't have plane reservations yet, so my travel times are still "up in the air". (I know, I know.)
woohoo!!!!Pilgrim, just let me know about when your coming when the time gets closer, and we'll for sure have a get together. This will be fun! can't wait to meet you, there's beginning to be at least a few Portlander's in here, so I bet we can pull of a fun night :D
Caroline

Radioflyer

New in Town
Radioflyer...combination of my two loves. I've been a disc jockey/commercial producer for 30 years and am a flyfisher...love to flyfish, tie flies, build rods, etc. It was a natural...

rf

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I liked Portland when I went there for a visit a few times in the early 1970s. I sat in the DC-3 at the old OMSI and walked through the life-sized whale heart model. I may think about moving up there when I finally get fed up with California. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner