Sears Leather Shop

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by PeterRocco, Sep 22, 2020.

1. PeterRocco

PeterRocco Familiar Face

Hi
    Just bough a Sears Bomber Jacket looks like made 1980’s. Did not receive it yet.
    I’ll post pictures latter.
    Anybody know who made it for them? Has a Made In USA Tag.
    Thank You
    Peter

2. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I am always interested in the makers behind the label. In most cases there just isn't an answer. I have some ideas about the Sears products made during the 50s and early 60s, but no ideas on the Sears Leather shop jackets.

dannyk and PeterRocco like this.
  3. PeterRocco

PeterRocco Familiar Face

Hi
    How you doing today?
    Thank You for your Input, if you don’t know I Doubt anybody else will.
    Love your YouTube Videos. And Of course your Jacket Collection.
    Stay Safe
    Pete

dannyk and tmitchell59 like this.
  4. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Yes, he has become a star in the Outerwear section. Have you seen his history of Sears motorcycle jackets which is a stickie at the top of this page? Won't be of any use to you in determining who made your jacket, but should be of interest.

5. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Terry is indeed the master when it comes to knowing vintage jackets - especially those under a variation of Sears labels.
    That said, I wonder if Excelled Leathers could have built the jacket you are refering to. They are still an active company with a plant in Kewanee, IL and few others if I am not mistaken.

6. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thank you. For some reason the makers are of interest to me. I doubt there are too many who have a similar interest.

Thanks you again for the nice comments. I do think some of the Sears jackets were made by Appalachian Tanned and Tailored. The "Made in California" label at least says the State, but there were many makers in Northern and Southern California. California Sportswear Company has been mentioned. They probably had the production capabilities. Not sure if the Northern makers had such. The search continues.

7. PeterRocco

PeterRocco Familiar Face

Hi

So Happy I started this New Post.
    All information were Very Helpful.
    Thank You
    Pete

tmitchell59 likes this.
  8. PeterRocco

PeterRocco Familiar Face

Hi
    Just received my jacket. I just rubbed in BICKMORE 4 Conditioner. I know it’s not a true vintage jacket from 40-50-60. But has to be from the 1980’s. Looks like it was never even tried on. No creases in the leather,not one scratch.
    It’s a size 48. I usually wear a size 50 but jacket fits me. When you wear a large size like me it’s very hard to find Vintage Jackets in that size. The leather is Steerhide and Stiff to Hand. I can compare the weight of the leather to my 1970’s Schott Bomber and just as Heavy.

Attached Files:

9. PeterRocco

PeterRocco Familiar Face

Hi
    Yes removable collar. Lable States “MADE IN USA”.

tmitchell59 likes this.