Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker shirts

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I have this seersucker shirt from LL Bean, and I love it. I'll wear it with a tie and sportcoat, usually with linen pants and suede bucs or something similar. It's just the thing when the occasion calls for a coat but the weather is a tad on the warm side, as it usually is here.

I also wear it as a sportshirt without a coat or tie. I do, however, have it pressed. There is textured, and then there's wrinkled.

warbird

One Too Many
Mojave Jack said:
I have this seersucker shirt from LL Bean, and I love it. I'll wear it with a tie and sportcoat, usually with linen pants and suede bucs or something similar. It's just the thing when the occasion calls for a coat but the weather is a tad on the warm side, as it usually is here.

I also wear it as a sportshirt without a coat or tie. I do, however, have it pressed. There is textured, and then there's wrinkled.

Now I like that shirt. I might have to get one of those. I agree about the wrinkled difference. Frankly that is why I have avoided these shirts when I have seen them in the store before.

StanleyVanBuren said:
And jamespowers has his starched. ;)

You can't fix the wrinkled look of seersucker. It just is. Starching it would be a waste of starch. They still would look puckered and slept in.
I'll take a Hawaiian print shirt over seersucker any day. They make no illusions about being anything else but a casual shirt. You can't wear a tie with them---mercifully. I don't need that Herb Tarlick look from WKRP in Cincinnati. White belts and shoes anyone? :eek: :eusa_doh: Is he wearing a seersucker shirt here?:
Frank_Bonner_on_WKRP.jpg

:p

Regards,

J

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
You can't fix the wrinkled look of seersucker. It just is. Starching it would be a waste of starch. They still would look puckered and slept in.
I'll take a Hawaiian print shirt over seersucker any day. They make no illusions about being anything else but a casual shirt. You can't wear a tie with them---mercifully. I don't need that Herb Tarlick look from WKRP in Cincinnati. White belts and shoes anyone? :eek: :eusa_doh: Is he wearing a seersucker shirt here?:
Frank_Bonner_on_WKRP.jpg

:p

Regards,

J

And how would you know????? That picture looks like you. Where's Tarlic?

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I got my seersucker shirt from Joseph A. Banks the other day. It's a handsome looking shirt. Now if only the weather would warm up, it's mid April and it feels like October.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo