Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Selecting The Right Hat - 1950 Style

in/y

One of the Regulars
Greetings all! I recently received as a thank you a brochure titled How to be Right on Top: A Personal Guide to the Rights Hats for You from 1950.

I've scanned it as a pdf, you can get to it at: http://in.y.tripod.com/brochure1.pdf

As I'm new to posting (but have been lurking for sometime), I didn't see a thread where this would fit so I'm starting t his one. Do let me know if this belongs someplace else.

Enjoy and I hope you all graduate with high honors, if you haven't already.

Very nice find! I find it interesting that they mention the Tyrolean (Alpine) as casual hat alternative. I have seen the same mentioned in other such documents. It shows that people actually wore that style hat in the USA and wasn't just some costume type thing expressed often on this board.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I had previously seen only a couple pages from this publication. Thanks for posting the entire thing for us here!

OddSteve

Familiar Face
Very nice indeed!

By the way, Kojak's hat was a "Stetson Tyrol", at least that's what he called it once.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is always good to brush up on the basics. Great reference, thanks.

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Very interesting read in/y. It certainly points out a lot of the differences between society today and the time the article was published.

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
What a great little booklet, so fun to read!

Feeling a little less like a freshman now. I cant wait to get some "admiring looks from the opposite sex" when I'm wearing my hat so I can get promoted to senior :D

Mr Zablosky

New in Town
I went to the old Adams hat factory yesterday in Garland, TX. Used to be Adams hats. I felt a little self conscienous as I tried on several dozen of the Dobbs line. I would look in the mirror and wait for the effect. Every hat tells a story.

I found a straw Bellagio. Not too bold: attention getting- not attention stealing. Manly, conservative, weather-appropriate, good all around color, nice band that will go with almost everything. I tried to imagine it in various settings and different clothes.

The staff kept asking if I needed some help. You'd think they know what hat shopping involved. Geeze, don't push. The last thing I want is to go parading with something on my head that I don't feel just right about. The pressure is too much- I need to go lay down for a minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR