Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share you senior pics or yearbook pics?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so we've got the Prom thread, how about senior pics or yearbook pictures? Anyone want to share?
I'll have to scan mine in...
I just remember how gawd awful I thought they were and I'd give anything to look that way again now, lol!
I'll have to find my freshman pic with my mullet. UGH.
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
My horrible senior photos--1986--featuring the perm that would not die! The very best one seems to have disappeared--I'm sitting in front of a fake window with gauzy drapes and a painted backdrop--it's hideous.

I have no idea how I came up with this outfit but since I'm dressed like an adult version of Heidi I suspect my mother may have been involved.

I still remember what a putz the photgrapher was (his line to elicit a smile was "think of your boyfriend!"-meh!) In his defense, he did have a thankless job.

I don't know why there are flecks on the first photo, sorry.

srpic2.jpg

srpic.jpg

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Yikes.

Okay, I'll bite.

Submitted for your approval, disco age polyester and feathered hair. You can't see the voluminous flare of the pants, nor the altitude of the black platform shoes, but know that they are there.

Click the thumbnail for an even larger experience.

Mark

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
ROFL! I remember cutting my boyfriend's hair like that, and putting the stripes in his brows!!
epr25 said:
In seventh grade my hair was cut and styled unfortunately like Vanilla Ice. I will try to locate them tonight. Scary!

IOF, that second pic if done in black and white looks extremely 20's, I think it's cool!

Ugarte, that is some "perfectly" parted and feathered hair. Hey at least you were wearing a suit, flaired or not, lol!

Hey Briny, where's the cowlick! ;)
Nikki

Chanfan

A-List Customer
I recall I had feathered hair, for all of about a week, that included my senior pic. After that, I went spikey-punk.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As seniors, (1974), we could submit our own picture for the school yearbook. Most folks submitted a picture that said something about their personal style or hobby (i.e. band picture, basketball picture, horseback riding, and so forth).

My picture was a bit more "creative" ;) That same picture today would be "baned" from a high school yearbook, and the student would most assuredly be referred for counseling. However, at that time no one thought anything except that it was cool.

I'll try to dig it up and scan it so it can be posted. Then you can be the judge ...

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
My picture was a bit more "creative" ;) That same picture today would be "baned" from a high school yearbook, and the student would most assuredly be referred for counseling. However, at that time no one thought anything except that it was cool.

I'll try to dig it up and scan it so it can be posted. Then you can be the judge ...

I sure hope you post it Big Man, you've got me all intrigued...

pgoat

One Too Many
Big Man said:

Just remember, this is a 'family' site!lol

Diamondback, did you mean "Men In Black"? (MIB)

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
Found an old high school photo of mine, circa 1982. Back then, I thought I could look like Leif Garrett. lol

hs1982eo9.jpg

cooncatbob

Practically Family
I graduated in 1973 but this picture was taken before the start of school in late August 1972 when I was 17. Almost everyone Guys and Girls had their hair parted down the middle. I had the longest hair of all the guys and I'm not smiling because I had braces.
Bob.
2237188838_3aef1b5d6e_m.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred