Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoe goo instead of toe/heel taps

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm in the middle of an experiment...we have been using Shoe Goo on my kids' skateboard shoes because they drag them on the ground and tear them up mercilessly.

It works great on their shoes, and I got the brilliant idea of using a bead of it on the heels and toes of some older dress shoes, in place of nylon taps. The "goo" comes in black and a sorta clear-snot color, so I used the black. I'll let you know how it worked in a day or two...

Here's the manufacturer's website...
http://www.biosafe-inc.com/shoegoo.htm

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I've used the goo on the toes of tennis shoes and it does work, albeit in a somewhat unsightly manner. I'm interested in its effectiveness on dress shoes so I will await the results of your field test. Take some pix of the process.

Mav

A-List Customer
Works great, but looks like hell. Don't use it on dress shoes, unless you're going for a I- really- don't- give- a- damn look. Reserve it for your outdoors shoes/ boots.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I'm putting it on the underside of the toe and heel in lieu of cheesy nylon taps, I might argue that it looks neater and tidier than the taps...we'll see how well it wears tomorrow. Nobody will see it unless they are examining the underside of my shoes.

It's just one little bead at each wear point.

davestlouis

Practically Family
I stumbled onto a cheapskate website last evening, and they suggested smoothing the "goo" with an icecube to get a nice uniform look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy