Should Men Wear Bracelets ?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Sonero, May 1, 2017.

1. alanfgag

alanfgag

some of my favorites...

[​IMG]

2. augustwest

augustwest New in Town

I have no problems with bracelets, but have draw the line at "man buns".

V.C. Brunswick likes this.
  3. Angus Forbes

Angus Forbes One of the Regulars

What is the connection between men wearing bracelets and the Golden Era? Was it commonplace for men to wear them? It seems to me to be a relatively recent phenomenon, but of course I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

4. PeterGunnLives

PeterGunnLives One of the Regulars

While after the Golden Era, Paul Newman wore one in From the Terrace, which I believe was released in 1960 or 1961.

5. Alz

Alz One of the Regulars

My Grandfather was born in 1900's, fought in the trenches of the I WW to die around 1985. Since I remember he has worn a "bun" bracelet like the one on the low right corner of the picture above, only made in copper. And the same many of his friends. I guess different countries have different standards.

PeterGunnLives and shadowrider like this.
  6. shadowrider

shadowrider One of the Regulars

Don't know if it counts, but a few years back I took a long string of thick black leather about 1/2" wide, added snaps to the ends and have worn it now and then wrapped around my wrist.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Alz and Feraud like this.
  7. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Recently bought this one with stamped arrows and thunderbirds
    IMG_2881.JPG

Fonzie, Feraud, Alz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jaxenro

Jaxenro One of the Regulars

Anyone should be able to wear what they want but I don’t wear them

9. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

^yep

10. MondoFW

MondoFW Practically Family

I can't say I'm a fan of the look, but I've always been hesitant to wear any sort of jewelry.

Seb Lucas likes this.
  11. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Navajo cuff[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12. ClassyMica

ClassyMica New in Town

Why wouldn't you want to wear a bracelet? I think that as long as the jewelry you are wearing compliments your attire most people wouldn't even think twice about what you are wearing. Plus I think that accenting attire give you a style boost. When you are looking good, you are most likely feeling good about yourself, at least that is how I feel, which is why I love fashion so much. You can mix and match so many different things to compliment your personal style. ;)

Edward and Sonero like this.
  13. memphislawyer

memphislawyer Practically Family

Wow, looking at some of the silver bracelets got me to thinking I need to acquire one, especially a lot of Alan's pics. I don't know that I can bring the wider cuffs or not, but one of the simpler ones, the one with the vertical lining in it look great. And I do like a bit of turquoise. Something handmade from say New Mexico or Peru would be cool.

I have seen those rubber bands like Livestrong and see guys wearing that, and in religious circles, F.R.O.G. or WWJD have been around. Some have say a black rubber band with silver at the ends or even braided leather. Got one of those in Costa Rica on the honeymoon, for $4, and well, it was a better idea in my mind than in execution.

If anyone has online sites to suggest, please let me know or private message me.

14. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh A-List Customer

A bit close to Game of Thrones territory for my taste, but if you like it go for it.

15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I believe if you are a rock-star, who sleeps on a king size bed of cash, surrounded by lingerie models, you can and should wear a bracelet. If you meet any single one of the aforementioned that's good enough as well. It's not for me but I can certainly appreciate the artistry.

16. Dreamofgilgamesh

Dreamofgilgamesh A-List Customer

It's true, as you get older you can wear whatever you want to, but fortunately good taste usually has the last word.

17. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

18. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Different strokes for different folks. Wear whatever makes you happy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  19. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm surprised that I haven't seen old Keef's name mentioned here (Keith Richards), as it was Keith who made such articles as bracelets, silk scarves, beaded necklaces, etc. okay for guys (including Mr. Depp). But Keith was emulating, in a somewhat more macho way, the great Brian Jones, founder of the Rolling Stones, who was also largely responsible for reintroducing black American blues and rhythm-and-blues to the U.S. His whole look, the long bowl-cut hair, the sailor's striped shirts, the beads and what-not, were all emulated by the bands of the mid and later "60's, as well as by a great many of the punks (including Johnny and DeeDee Ramone). Credit where it's due.

Edward likes this.
  20. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family