Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show NO Shirt Cuff

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Orgetorix said:
Roughing it in the wilds of the Fontana Trevi, I see. Did you bag any game?
I did, in fact! Thanks for asking. I bagged about a half dozen gelati, multi espressi, and this hat:

I'm not too crazy about the hat! But, it makes for a nice souvenir. ;) lol

Boy, I totally hijacked this thread. I am so sorry. :(

Micawber

A-List Customer
Aye, I keep longer sleeves on most of my shooting tweeds - meaning tweeds I actually wear when going shooting. I have just found this rather poor photo on my backup hard drive;

P001720e.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Micawber said:
Aye, I keep longer sleeves on most of my shooting tweeds - meaning tweeds I actually wear when going shooting. I have just found this rather poor photo on my backup hard drive;

P001720e.jpg

Lovely photo....but darn you for making me miss the countryside......

Denise...who used to live in deepest darkest Suffolk....

Micawber

A-List Customer
Hemingway Jones said:
Micawber,
That is a great picture. You look great in tweed, and with the dogs; that is a perfect photo, except for that wicked case of Rosacea. ;) :)

My doctor says it's all to do with my age ;)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Micawber said:
Aye, I keep longer sleeves on most of my shooting tweeds - meaning tweeds I actually wear when going shooting.

Thanks! That's what I meant by a "heavy tweed sportcoat": something along the lines of a Harris Tweed. And even though I don't wear mine for shooting, I still feel that it looks better with the shirt cuffs hidden. A nod to the jacket's functional roots, as it were.

Micawber

A-List Customer
Marc Chevalier said:
Thanks! That's what I meant by a "heavy tweed sportcoat": something along the lines of a Harris Tweed. And even though I don't wear mine for shooting, I still feel that it looks better with the shirt cuffs hidden. A nod to the jacket's functional roots, as it were.

Gloves or not they certainly feel better when you've been standing at your peg on a bitter winters day waiting for the birds while the wind and sleet whips around your ears, you hunch up and withdraw your hands up into the sleeves a bit.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I was thinking about the risk of getting your shirt cuffs soiled by the great outdoors. As in shooting, stalking, etc. The tweed jacket's sleeves would protect the linen inside.

Please note: My granddaddy fishing with white shirt and bow tie. He does not seem worried about soiling his cuffs!

dbhfishingabout1932qv6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred