Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Vintage Gifts You've Received

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I searched back 5 pages and couldn't find a specific thread for vintage gifts we've been given. If I missed it, Bartenders will you please combine?

My Aunt wanted to give me something vintage but wasn't sure what I would like so she asked me to pick something out. This is what I got for Christmas, Coro red crystal brooch and earrings.

il_430xN.81589888.jpg

A vintage inspired gift that delighted me...Mad Men series 1 and 2.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Awesome, you made a thread!
Reposting from purchases thread....
I got an amazing vintage christmas present.
1½-2 years worth of womens magazines from the early 1930s made into a huge book (i.e they have all been bound together and have been made into a hardback...) and then 5-6 1940s magazines which have amazing covers....

I will take a lot of pictures soon of both the book of 30s magazines and the 40s ones.

Here is a sneak peek at my favorite of the 1940s magazine covers - its so pin-uppy and look at the lazy husband lounging in his garden chair! lol:

This magazine still exists in Denmark, but is now very matronly and boring in my opinion. I must say it was way better in the 1940s. :D
In case you are wondering Hjemmet means The Home. :)

xl05n6.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I haven't taken pictures, but I got some retro-themed books, "Retro Knits" and "Patio Daddy-o". I also got a copy of the Go Vegan! calendar. The author of the calendar is a vegan cookbook author, but is also a rockabilly chick, so the calendar picks feature her in her retro kitchen.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
I got these goodies in from a friend in a secret santa exchange:
Picture416.jpg

Picture417.jpg

My SIL also gave me a DVD collection of Claudet Colbert movies, and I got the Vintage Patterns for Modern Knitters book from DH.
Wow! Those are some great gifts.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Lovely things! I didn't get a single gift, well, I got a seashell from my friend who picked it up from a beach in Bali but thats it. Still, I didn't buy anyone anything either. I've kind of given up on Christmas.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Here is a mink beret I got from Toronto's Cabaret, circa 1960. It fits my head perfectly, like it was made for me... Albeit many years ago!

Christmas2009Presents008.jpg

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Library-1339.jpg

This wasn't an actual Christmas present, but it sure felt like one... you see, I bought these shoes off eBay back in Feb 2009, and they never showed up, despite the delivery confirmation showing arrival at the P.O. I thought the mailbox thief had struck again. But on Christmas morning, my mother asked me, do you know who this is from/what's in this box? We opened it, and a black shoe came out first that looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't quite place why. "Must be for me..." said I, "But who could have sent these??" It wasn't until I saw the brown heels that I realized it was the long-thought-lost parcel! Someone must have stuck the box somewhere in the house & it was forgotten until then. SOO thrilled, because these shoes fit me perfectly!!

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I don't have a picture, I have a story. In the early 90's my mother and her friend broke into an abandoned mansion in France. They found several old letters, bottles, pieces of furniture, anyways they took whatever they could squeeze through the little hole in the wire fence. Well, my parents have recently moved and some of these items turned up. So for this Christmas my mom gave me the 1938 Marie Claire she found. She was going to throw it out but instantly thought of me.

Sunny87

New in Town
Claireg said:
oooo C-dot - that hat is super lovely!
Here are a present from my sis - the phone , and my mum, the book.
2712015.jpg
[/IMG]
i've always wished someone would get me a vintage phone like that!! [huh]

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I envy everybody who has sensible enough friends and family to make them vintage gifts...sadly enough I have to present myself.
My Xmas present is still to arrive from the States, I bought a beautiful30's cape and hope to be happy with it when it comes.
More so I presented my husband with a gorgeous vintage coat, that is still to arrive too and a surprise. Praying for a good fit. Will post pics

SayCici

Practically Family
I didn't get anything 'actual' vintage, but my dad got me three patterns from EvaDress and Lucille Ball's radio show "My Favorite Husband" on CD. :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only got ONE vinrtage gift this year :)( ) but it was a new old stock pair of Schiaparelli stockings in their box, so I am thrilled.

BTW, there IS a thread like this in either the Display Case or the Observation Bar, I can't remember which - another case of ladies not leaving the Powder Room and missing the whole party...

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
I only got ONE vinrtage gift this year :)( ) but it was a new old stock pair of Schiaparelli stockings in their box, so I am thrilled.

BTW, there IS a thread like this in either the Display Case or the Observation Bar, I can't remember which - another case of ladies not leaving the Powder Room and missing the whole party...

Schiaparelli. Hmmm...somebody was a very good girl this year! (I would have slept under the tree hugging the box like a little kid! lol )

If the thread you mean is the Christmas Gift one in Observation Lounge, I did actually see it. It started the day after this one. ;) I do try to venture out of the powder room but when those boys talk hats, it's like a foreign language! I think I need a glossary of fedora terms! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran