Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Thank you, girls!!! I want to make it again because it fits me really well. Lolita wants to call it "vintro"...that's our new vintage/retro category! lol

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
That is absolutely fabulous! I love the colors and everything. It looks 100% authentic :)

And I have that pattern, too, so I'm glad to see how it makes up ;)

Mary

Practically Family
You look fab! I'd also like to have a name for what you called vintro. Maybe it should be called vintro or something else. I'll thinkit over tonight but there really is a need for it since some repro have all the wrong fabrics.

M

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My first Hawaiian dress. I have fallen in love with Hawaiian prints. They make such wonderful, festive summer dresses.
2525131490_ef3d89e6c4.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Kamikat, I have to say, that is the most flattering number Ive see on you thus far! You look wonderful!

I went fabric shopping this weekend, and aside from getting 10 yards of dark maroon corduroy for a funky steampunk number, I was on a mission...

SOLIDS SOLIDS SOLIDS!!!!!!

fabric.jpg

I got a navy seersucker and I trimmed it in this lovely cream striped cotton.

front-16.jpg

Still using my favorite pattern of the moment ;)

I took out the bodice pleats and did more dramatic gathers at the shoulders.

It took about the same amount of time as the other dresses Ive done with this pattern (12 hrs including belt and hem). I was surprised because piping takes me forever! I do wish I had just used cord and wrapped the cloth around it. Instead I used piping already covered with a base fabric, and it wasnt as taunt as I would have liked. I like to get my seam good and in there!

I also created a cute little closure for the sleeves trimmed in the cream cotton, and finished it with pearl buttons, because I never use them and I have TONS!

frontdetail-2.jpg
lapeldetail.jpg

I really like this one, and Im thinking of wearing it to the Ladies tea, but I dont know if it is too casual for that. Ill think on it some more.

Thanks!

LD

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Lady Day... I would love to see that one! Spectacular!

Everyone else is doing a fabulous job! I need to step up my game and pay attention to details now I see! Hehehehe!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
RedHotRidinHood - I LOVE your whole outfit! I've got a similar pattern but thought it'd be too hard... I'm going to give it a go now :D

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
Im new to posting on this forum though I have been hanging around for an age, but I was so pleased with my new underpinnings that I had to show them off somewhere. The first is a bra from a 1957 Lutteroh pattern book, and was so easy I did 2 in two evenings out of scraps.(scuse my flabby bits)
The second is the Alice Lon Petticoat pattern available here http://www.pettipond.com/lon.htm and is huge and fab. It was so easy and very satisfying but very difficult to photograph but I hope the fullness shows okay.

bra3.jpg

Hello to everybody anyway...:)

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
Those bras are amazing! Ive never been able to find a pattern of that in my size!

Thank you, Lutterloh are fantastic as you can scale the pattern to any size, your size would be no problem. I am a 34F myself and find it hard to get modern bras let alone vintage, so I was super pleased that this worked so well, and it's a good way to use up scraps as there is so little fabric in them. I put interfacing into the spotty one to make it a bit more pointy and it looks great under tops.

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
the petticoat is great, too. i can't believe how much those have been selling for, lately.

That is why I made one, it was much cheaper and twice as full as most of the ones I had seen in shops and online. I would have needed to wear two petticoats to get my skirts as big as I wanted. Plus the ones in the shops are never the right length.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Wow, RHRH, that looks super great! Is it a crape fabric? The color also looks great with your skin tone as well!

LD

Thank you LD! :) That fabric is plain old cotton that washed up amazingly well. I have found I adore working with vintage fabric much more than new. Old rayons are such a dream to wear, but harder to get straight, though. But the drape on them is the best!

I love the navy & white dress. I bet you are just darling in it!

To others who have this pattern too: it is very simple, really; the gathering of the skirt and the ruffles takes awhile, but everything else is super easy. I would have made the sash differently, but that's all. It fits true to measurements too-I am a 34 bust and there is no room in the bodice for more! My waist is 28 and the dress is just that exactly. I would love to see other's dresses made up too!

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
fluffy-tiger said:
Im new to posting on this forum though I have been hanging around for an age, but I was so pleased with my new underpinnings that I had to show them off somewhere. The first is a bra from a 1957 Lutteroh pattern book, and was so easy I did 2 in two evenings out of scraps.(scuse my flabby bits)
The second is the Alice Lon Petticoat pattern available here http://www.pettipond.com/lon.htm and is huge and fab. It was so easy and very satisfying but very difficult to photograph but I hope the fullness shows okay.

bra3.jpg

Hello to everybody anyway...:)

Thank you for posting the petticoat info-I think I understand how it goes together but dumb question-what do you do for waistband? Fold it under and string elastic through it ?

Your petticoat you made is lovely! I want my skirts that big! Wah!lol

fluffy-tiger

New in Town
Thank you for posting the petticoat info-I think I understand how it goes together but dumb question-what do you do for waistband? Fold it under and string elastic through it ?

Your petticoat you made is lovely! I want my skirts that big! Wah!

Yes, it's a bit awkward to sew in but this petticoat is very forgiving and small mistakes just don't show unless you are very close. It's very difficult to get net in the required width though but you can adjust the pattern for other widths if you have a maths head. I just got some in shell pink for two petticoats. I am going to do one with pink trim and one with blue for two dresses I am working on at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran