Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
I really don't like headbands so I too have considered a clip or a comb to hold the piece in place. Unfortunately I can't see a clip staying in my hair so I opted for the headband which I style my hair around so it cannot be seen. If you do use a clip let me know how it goes!

Maybe try using a barrette? I think that stays in quite well.

Large-Barrette.gif

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Wow--you ladies are all so talented! :) I've been looking through all the posts on this thread and am blown away!

Anyway, here's a blouse I made recently from a late 30s DuBarry pattern. I modified it a bit: swapping out the sleeves for something a bit less poufy (I'm not a huge fan of puff sleeves on me that gather at the bottom edge), and adjusting the neckline. The material is vintage, sheer cotton. I'm not sure of it's age (I purchased at at flea market, so my guess is 40s/50s???). I'm rather smitten with how springy the finished blouse looks! :)

04_29_09a.jpg

04_29_09b.jpg

The original pattern:
04_29_09c.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn that dress is super cute. Is that the pattern you said to use for Marilyn's cherry dress bodice?

Casey, WOW... the blouse is adorable! I love how you changed the collar, and the fabric is perfect.

DPD, you sure have been busy! What wonderful new clothes! I love that one with the belt, I *think* it was a small print brown color, I can't see the pic on this page right now?? The shoes were so perfect with it too...

Amy Jeane, just amazing.

I'm getting ready to do Rose's breakfast gown from Titanic. Just trying to decide on which fabrics to use. I bought some vintage lace on the bay, can't wait to get it!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Cassey, that blouse is beautiful, great one!!!

Goldwing girl, same goes for that dress, even the fabric goes superbly with the style!!!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks gals! Everyone's stuff is so dainty and amazing. Please keep posting because I LOVE seeing all of your creations!

LD -- I love sewing! I'm getting so good. My seamstress friend Heathyr is coming over on May 16th to give me a lesson in sizing up patterns. That's really all I need to know at this point!! :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
swingkitten85, that blouse is so pretty.

I made this
100_2744.jpg

With this pattern. I had to put a dart in either side of the bust as it gaped.
B5209-1.jpg

Goldwyn Girl, that is BEAUTIFUL!! I am making the same dress but the B version in a much more boring fabric :( Yours is amazing.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
You have the best taste in patterns! We should make copies for one another sometime! ;) Are you an 18 or 20?
I'm an 18 and I love your taste in patterns also. I was just thinking that you have so many lovley 1930's patterns.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow, you gals have been so productive.

Now that Im moved into my new place, I unpacked my fabric and decided to get to work.

4411_1.jpg
front-2.jpg

The pattern describes it as a 'lumberjack' style jacket. After making it, unlined from this olive corduroy, I realized the pattern is more of a heavy shirt than jacket. Also the shoulders are monster huge, so I had to dart them for this one, but will alter the pattern next time.

lapeldetail.jpg
buttondetail.jpg

I used metal bottom shank mother of pearl buttons for it. I think they are versatile enough.

matchupdetail.jpg

As usual, my neck is so short, I have to cut back the neck area, and plain forgot to extend the collar. So I had to add about an inch to 4 pieces of the garment :eusa_doh:

I like it, but Ill use a thinner, stiffer fabric next time.

LD

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
swingkitten85 said:
Wow--you ladies are all so talented! :) I've been looking through all the posts on this thread and am blown away!

Anyway, here's a blouse I made recently from a late 30s DuBarry pattern. I modified it a bit: swapping out the sleeves for something a bit less poufy (I'm not a huge fan of puff sleeves on me that gather at the bottom edge), and adjusting the neckline. The material is vintage, sheer cotton. I'm not sure of it's age (I purchased at at flea market, so my guess is 40s/50s???). I'm rather smitten with how springy the finished blouse looks! :)

04_29_09a.jpg

04_29_09b.jpg

The original pattern:
04_29_09c.jpg

Did you put this on your blog? If so I must have missed it! Absolutely love it...will have to find it in my size :D

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Child's Gardening Smock

Just completed this yesterday, it was supposed to be for a contest, but I didn't make the deadline :( Oh well, it motivated me to sew something.

It is a simplicity from 1957 in a child's size 4.
il_430xN.68817789.jpg
il_430xN.68818172.jpg
il_430xN.68818204.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic