Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Kami -- I think it's cute, but I can understand why you don't like it. It's not what we usually see you in.

I made another dress this weekend. So easy and I didn't even need the instructions (good thing because there were none!):

4160_80012354163_624014163_1783373_4109825_n.jpg

It actually looks better ON me -- my dummy is making it look linebacker-y!

Not from the "Golden Era", but I'm branching out a bit. I found a receipt for the purchase of this pattern inside of it and it was dated July 9, 1970:

3109_74190679163_624014163_1701852_8125633_n.jpg

I adore the large collar and side belt/buttons. They remind me so much of 30s fashion.

A few projects I have done recently.
Butterick 4513. I still have to hem it but want to finish the crinoline for it first. The fabric is vintage polished cotton and the buckle is a perfect match to the color of the flowers!
Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

This skirt is vintage fabric also. It was the first vintage fabric I bought on ebay about 4 years ago. I want to make a peasant blouse to go with it.
Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

mentha

Familiar Face
My turn!

Yay, I finally get to show something off :D My first step onto the path of creating 1940's and 1950's fasion. Beware: there's undies coming up! I personally don't think they're shocking [sorry, European, don't shock easily ;)], but I'll leave you to make up your own mind ;) It's a step-in slip, made from a pattern on Frilly Bits [I do believe the owner of that site hangs around here as well] and in the photo's I've combined it with my bullet bra and Rago step-in.

So here it is: my step-in slip!!!

The area where it pulls in the front, is where my Rago ends. I could have made it a bit longer, but this way I don't feel my thighs hitting eachother ;)

And the back of the slip... or was it me? ;)

I had more pictures, face included, but I'm afraid that at 9.30 pm I'm not that photogenic anymore :p

Miss Sis

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Well, I think this is my last attempt at WWII fashion. The dress is cute, but it does nothing for my figure. It looks better with a red cardi, but that means it can only be worn in Early Spring and mid-Fall.
3515808013_3cbd63ca77.jpg

Try a red belt, about 2" wide. I think that would draw the eye in and balance things out. I find almost all 40s dresses need a belt to look their best.

(The trim is red, right? Otherwise whichever colour the trim is!)

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
mentha said:
Yay, I finally get to show something off :D My first step onto the path of creating 1940's and 1950's fasion. Beware: there's undies coming up! I personally don't think they're shocking [sorry, European, don't shock easily ;)], but I'll leave you to make up your own mind ;) It's a step-in slip, made from a pattern on Frilly Bits [I do believe the owner of that site hangs around here as well] and in the photo's I've combined it with my bullet bra and Rago step-in.

So here it is: my step-in slip!!!

The area where it pulls in the front, is where my Rago ends. I could have made it a bit longer, but this way I don't feel my thighs hitting eachother ;)

And the back of the slip... or was it me? ;)

I had more pictures, face included, but I'm afraid that at 9.30 pm I'm not that photogenic anymore :p

I have yet to make any sort of undergarment, but yours came out great!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cute slip, Mentha!

I made something Ive needed for a while, and was super easy, a shawl.

P1010010.jpg

Its a square (60") of black cashmere and over 6 yards of 14" long rayon fringe.

P1010009.jpg
P1010005.jpg
P1010003.jpg

Its pretty heavy. :eek: But the drape is fantastic. Makes me feel like such a diva.
I love it, way more than jackets. I think I might make a brown one as well.

LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I love everything! With sewing I don't feel competitive AT ALL. I LOVE seeing everyone else's creations no matter what level of sewing you're at. To all the sewing ladies :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Tip Top Trims, or something like that in the fabric district. The lovely woman from Mike's Fabrics recommended them to me. They are across the street from them as a matter of fact.

The man behind the counter was super nice and I got it for $4 a yard!
He only had black, though.

LD

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Made this for a friend from a pattern I've been developing over the last couple of months. Once I get all of the kinks out, I'm going to start selling them on Etsy, I think ;)

04-21-09049.jpg

04-21-09047.jpg

04-21-09048.jpg

It is completely lined-- no exposed raw edges, completely top-stitched, and I just love the rick-rack!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner