Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

michou1930

New in Town
Reading constantly ...

... but never come round to posting. It is simply amazing what you all are creating. I wish I could do a job half as good.

Still, there is something I would like to show: a thirties sweater and a thirties skirt:

DSCN2358.jpg

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
michou1930 said:
... but never come round to posting. It is simply amazing what you all are creating. I wish I could do a job half as good.

Still, there is something I would like to show: a thirties sweater and a thirties skirt:

DSCN2358.jpg

Michou! Your sweaters KILL me! They are gorgeous!
(I gotta learn to knit!)

michou1930

New in Town
Gosh

Thanks for your warm and enthusiastic words - makes me feel good, really :)

Miss Amelina: go ahead and start knitting, not difficult and you will soon be able to make all those blouses yourself.

Inky: I wish I were as quick as I used to be. This one took me a month and right I am knitting a sleeveless top for more than three weeks. I seem to loose my knitting fever ...[huh]

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
michou1930 said:

Still, there is something I would like to show: a thirties sweater and a thirties

It is sweaters like yours that really make me wish I had the patience to actually knit something more than a scarf.

michou1930

New in Town
Pick up those needles

miss_smith said:
It is sweaters like yours that really make me wish I had the patience to actually knit something more than a scarf.

Just start with a sweater you really want to have - for Christmas, let's say. Knit a little bit everyday and don't expect to finish soon. Just go on, admire you stitches and the growing rows. And you will finish it because it is not half as boring as knitting a scarf ;) AND - it won't take for ever, promised!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Yes, Michou is right - it does take a while but it *is* worth it, especially if you choose something you really, really want! Tip: try not to pick something too difficult for your first shaped garment. Many impressive looking stitches are nothing more than combinations of knit and purl stitches.

Unlike many knitters, I don't particularly enjoy the process of knitting myself, but I just keep thinking of the end result. Working on a summer jumper at the moment that I need for the beginning of August. I find it helps me to have a deadline to work to!

Michou, your jumper is very sweet and looks good with the skirt. I like the long line it gives - very 30s.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I really do need to learn how to knit. I've started embroidering again, but maybe knitting should be next? I'd love to make a sweater like this!

Antje

One Too Many
michou1930 said:

DSCN2358.jpg

you're so pretty in this, I love the whole outfitt, I think you are just as amazing at making things then some others over here

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Miss Sis said:
Unlike many knitters, I don't particularly enjoy the process of knitting myself, but I just keep thinking of the end result. Working on a summer jumper at the moment that I need for the beginning of August. I find it helps me to have a deadline to work to!

Just another jump-in from the other side of the house :rolleyes: : while not a knitter...and probably never will be!...I'm SO glad to hear someone else say this! I am fairly handy with my hands, and don't HATE making stuff; but I can't say I enjoy the process, either: I just want the finished item. I'm glad that I can make things, but I envy those who actually find the whole process fun.

Michou, du siehst SUPER aus, wie immer. Falls ich wieder in der Rheinland käme, wir könnten uns eventuell kennenlernen. Mein Pianist (auch ein Ami) lebt seit 35 Jahre in Essen...

"Skeet"

michou1930

New in Town
Blushing

Thanks once more, you are all too kind - ha, but I like it. Hubby only says: "Very pretty, dear." when I show him my knits and skirts and frocks. Not enough for me, I am afraid.

Miss Sis: I feel the same. Well, I like to knit but still I want to finish and wear what I am knitting. Knitting for knitting's sake - no way. I am selfish and greedy, I want more stuff in my wardrobe :eek:

Skeet: Na, dann komm mal rüber, eine Tasse Tee oder Kaffee hätte ich für dich immer parat :D

To all those ladies thinking about starting to knit: Do it! You can take it wherever you go and creating your own tops. Could it be more vintage?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
regarding knitting, I totally agree. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as sewing but I want those blasted rare 30s sweaters! And not in stinky old wool. lol Glad other gals feel the same way!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lauren said:
regarding knitting, I totally agree. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as sewing but I want those blasted rare 30s sweaters! And not in stinky old wool. lol Glad other gals feel the same way!

I know!! I even got some knitting mags from the 30s and 40s last year in the hopes that someday i will learn to "clickit." They are just so durned pretty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner