Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Well, i have been feeling the crafty mood lately and this is what i have made:
Some hair pins:
DSC00864.jpg

A jumper:
DSC00888.jpg

And a 40's style dungarees:
3322PR.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Ufffff!!!:)

michou1930

New in Town
Lorena

Lorena, I saw your jumper and felt the urge to tell you how gorgeous is and fits! And then I noticed you complimented my outfit :) I would say a great coincidence lol

miss_smith

One of the Regulars
Lorena, that jumper is to die for...what pattern did you use???
And I am so excited to see you've made overalls from the same pattern I have. They look soooo good and now I can't wait to make them! :cheers1:

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Lorena B said:
Some hair pins:
DSC00864.jpg

A jumper:
DSC00888.jpg

3322PR.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Everything is so beautiful! Your hair combs and pins look great. Did you use a glue gun? I love the jumper and overalls; they fit you so well.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Wow. What lovley things everyone has been making. I wanted to make a dress for retro rama but I have been quite lasy. I have been making quite a few hats though.
6aacca96f88b.jpg
03b23b0c5820.jpg

d76b754ec981.jpg

Your hats look great. How do you make them? Do you use a pattern?

Shirin

A-List Customer
Wow, I'm so impressed with everyone's creations! You all really inspire me to get on the ball about sewing up some of my patterns.
:eusa_clap Bravo everyone!

Lorena; I absolutely love that jumper! and the dungarees are sooooo cute!
Michou; fantastic skirt!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Wow, thanks a lot for all your compliments girls, I must say boredom does help to get crafty :)
The pins were made with a glue gun, yes, and they are so like easy and cheap to make..!!!

The jumper, I got inspired with one from Revamp, so I decided to give it a go myself, I didnt use any pattern, i just traced a skirt i have and added the suspenders.
The dungarees are the the 1940's from Eva dress, and i must say, that since i made them i cant get then off!!!lol

Brooksie

One Too Many
Lorena B said:
Some hair pins:
DSC00864.jpg

A jumper:
DSC00888.jpg

3322PR.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

LB - Your 1940's Dungarees are great, they make your waist look really tiny. Everything you have made looks wonderful. I wish I could sew.:(

Brooksie

One Too Many
DeadPanDiva your hats are to die for! I am just starting to jump into this thread, I have no crafts to contribute yet maybe someday but I thought I could look and see what everyone else is up to and give out some compliments.:)

Brooksie

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MarieAnne said:
Your hats look great. How do you make them? Do you use a pattern?
The bottom hat is from a premade sinamy straw base and premade sinamay ribbon. I can pm you a link to the ebay sellar if you like.
The top hat is made from a sinamay base and horse hair (Crin) ribbon with vintage trims and milinery groisgrain.
That one will be in my etsy shop once I fix a few flaws. No patterns were used.

Thanks for the complements everyone. Their are so many people making such lovely things.

Lorena B

Practically Family
GW that dress is awesome,lt looks fabulous.
I have also finished a new dress, this one only took me a day to make and i must say, it is one of my new fav.
DSC00903.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
I made this dress and a matching bolero.
100_3051.jpg
I love it! I've had that pattern forever but haven't made it because the neckline is so unusual. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of bra are you wearing under it? Do you think a halter neck bra would work?

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I too have the same bra question....and did the pattern have lots of extra ease, or were you able to make it according to your measurements with minimal alterations?

Brooksie

One Too Many
Lorena B and Goldwyn Girl you are both so talented with your sewing.

Goldwyn Girl is the color of your dress brown or black? Do you have any pics of the matching bolero yet?

Brooksie

kamikat said:
I love it! I've had that pattern forever but haven't made it because the neckline is so unusual. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of bra are you wearing under it? Do you think a halter neck bra would work?

I've got the same bra question, plus another.lol
I just finished this only I did the version with the collar. Were you able to machine hem it or did you do it by hand? That is all I have left to do on mine.
LOVE it, btw way GWG!

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
I finished my first dress! :D I have sewn other stuff before (skirts mostly) but never a dress. I've learnt a lot.

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

I made it with this pattern (pic).

With a blend of wool and linen, I love this fabric.

I posted a lot more pictures and text in my journal, here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner