Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you everyone for you complements.

I'm wearing a strapless merry widow under it, but I guess a halter neck bra could work. When I made it I fitted it over the foundation garments I would be wearing.

Brooksie, it's dark brown, you can see the colour better in the bolero photos.

100_3114.jpg
100_3116.jpg

The polka dots are embroidered.

CherryRed, I did it by hand, all 20 feet of it......hehe..........I do all my hems by hand I just like them better that way.

Lorena B, love your dress, what pattern did you use ?

Medvssa, your first dress ! how fabulous

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Medvssa said:
I finished my first dress! :D I have sewn other stuff before (skirts mostly) but never a dress. I've learnt a lot.

IMG_3919.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

I made it with this pattern (pic).

With a blend of wool and linen, I love this fabric.

I posted a lot more pictures and text in my journal, here.
That's beautiful! Did you alter the skirt? It looks much fuller than the drawing on the envelope.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
goldwyn girl said:
Love it! I love boleros :D

kamikat said:
That's beautiful! Did you alter the skirt? It looks much fuller than the drawing on the envelope.

I did alter the skirt, but just over the hip so that it would fit me (I made it wider), so the proportion has not been changed, in any case it might have lost some of the fullness since the hip is now wider while the hem hasn't been changed. Most of the fullness is at the front, the back is barely an A-line.

But, well it may look less slender also because I am so short, I had to take off 13 cm :D it may have been intended to be longer, but I didn't have enough fabric and I don't know if it would have been flattering for me.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I finished my bikini that's been waiting for a month or two! The pattern is from a German pattern from 1935, and the plaid fabric is original 30s. She's got more up top than me, so it doesn't actually gape when it's on me.
bikini1.jpg

bikini2.jpg

bikini3.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
100_3114.jpg
100_3116.jpg

Wow GG that is just plain gorgeous, it actually even looks vintage itself :eusa_clap !!!

The dress i made is the simplicity3302 plus some personalized changes.
Lauren, thank you for the complements, also, i must say i like your proyect too, as always is just great :eusa_clap .

Lauren said:
I finished my bikini that's been waiting for a month or two! The pattern is from a German pattern from 1935, and the plaid fabric is original 30s. She's got more up top than me, so it doesn't actually gape when it's on me.
bikini1.jpg

bikini2.jpg

bikini3.jpg

SQEEEEEEE!!! LOVE IT!!!:eusa_clap

Thank you GWG (RE: the hemming) I guess I will just have to sit down and do it.:eek: I have another one that is waiting for hemming too.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Everyone is soooo talented! I love everything. GG -- is that bolero Simplicity 3748? If so, I love that one! I made it here in a fun summery fabric:

n624014163_1842514_1802918.jpg

And I recently made this:

4575_86643274163_624014163_1876657_8134256_n.jpg

It needs a pink belt! Also, I know the big flowers kinda clash about, but that's fine with me. My pleat seams aren't 100% straight and neat so it's all okay :eek: I'm still getting the hang of them.

From this pattern:

n624014163_1530841_7438219.jpg

I think the dress came out better than the picture. The actual dress has a bit of a "mermaid" shape to it.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
8ac498bf93ee.jpg
959ffe6bbc79.jpg

2b342f74d833.jpg
b240fcec9506.jpg

I made this hat and put the border and bow applique on the viel. I need to move the bow over though as it's in a most distracting place right now. I am quite proud of this hat though. It came out almost exactly the way I envsioned it. It's taffeta over a buckram frame with cord trimming and beaded applique.

274bfd658e5a.jpg

This is a pre made fram but I still like it. It's really tiny though.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Those hats are great!

After years of wanting to I finally made the 1 Hour Dress! The dress itself would have taken about an hour, but then I got creative with a stained runner and added a collar, pockets, and a matching apron lol Took all in all about 2.5 or 3 hours.

1hrdress1.jpg

1hrdress2.jpg

1hrdress3.jpg

1hrdress4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner