Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Shirin

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
2851a76768a8.jpg
I like this hat most of all from the group. Its so charming and would look fantastic with a peplum suit.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
Thanks, gals!
Here's the pattern cover, Miss Sis. Don't you love how one's wearing ballet shoes and the other's wearing beachwear? I pictured it as something you'd wear in a dance rehearsal, a la Busby Berkeley.
mccall7671.jpg

This is such a peachy design, and I love the fabric you used to make it. That style shirt became one of the favored gymshirts of the 30s. I have several vintage ones that I wear just because they are so comfy.

Lorena B

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne, i absolutely love the pattern, the color and the finished product, and you said you made it in one day? that's such a great job!!!:eusa_clap

Deadpandiva, i absolutely love the hats, my fav are the turbants, they are sooo cute!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks all for the compliments. Ive already cut out a second pair in a blue/white plaid :D

Im gonna make a pair for every day of the week!

To all the other ladies, you all have been making some fantastic things. Whoo hoo!

LD

Lillemor

One Too Many
I very rarely check this thread because it makes me feel so envious!;) If I could sew and knit, I probably wouldn't even want to collect vintage clothes but just wear homemade reproductions. I love things that are homemade.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Made another pair. This one I tweaked the design, and made the pockets larger.

Its made from a piece of cotton plaid I had and the white is an old sheet.

hangfront.jpg
hangback.jpg

I used one of the decorative stitches on my machine for the neckline.

sewingdetail.jpg

These took about 7 hours, thats not too bad.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MissAmelina said:
Yippie turbans!! :)

This is Simplicity 2782...The lovely and talented Amy Jeanne sold me the pattern---she has a couple versions in this thread too. It's not quite done yet, but close enough. Next time I think I'll cut the skirt on the bias to give it more drape and shape. It still needs a hem (just an inch or two) and a sash/belt.
I had difficulty with the making, as I was hurried. More on the 'ole blog.

simp30s.jpg
That's so cute. I think I havethat fabric.

tempestbella42

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
fabric.jpg

Welp, I finally made the kitchen jimjams. I gotta say, Decades of Style patterns are THE MOST size accurate repo patterns I have ever worked with. A fantastic experience. Everything matched up, was sized correctly, and right of grain lines were spot on :eusa_clap These patterns are awesome!

front-6.jpg
back-2.jpg

. They are awesome!

I used an old cotton sateen duvet cover for the red, and some cotton I just got. I have enough red duvet to make another pair. I think I will :)

LD

Naughty Lady Day!! youve made me jealous so
now ive gone and bought this pattern!!

there awesome and perfect for lounging about it!!

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
DSC03460.jpg

No pattern, just kind of eyeballed it, but I was in desperate need of some kind of maternity frock. I added the self-belt and shortened the length, but it still doesn't look quite right to me and I don't know why. Any ideas?

SayCici

Practically Family
Helysoune, it doesn't look right in what way? Like, period, or as a 50s dress? Good on you for sewing without a pattern!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff