Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I finally made that leisure bra I was wishing for.

I didnt buy a pattern, just ended up making one from a bra I already had.
Except for cutting down the under arm on the next one, this fits great for the first time out! Just enough support so the girls dont go floppin all over the place. :eek:

1front.jpg
1detail.jpg

This is a *perfect* project for using up scrap cotton. Im gonna make tons more. The band around the bottom is cut on the bias, and makes the thing so comfy. I reinforced the shoulders of the 4 way stretch cotton jersey with fabric on the grain for extra stabilization.

Yay!
LD

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
Vanessa said:
Well this is probably a little more vintage than what you're used to - but here's what I've been working on for the past few months:

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

1.jpg

It's a robe a la anglaise circa about 1776 made of changeable silk taffeta in teal & purple with self-fabric trimmings & hand-beaded. I made everything starting in January of this year from the skin out including chemise, 18th C corset, pocket hoops, petticoats & gown. I also made two other gowns for the event, but I am waiting on better pictures of them. And now that they are complete - I am very happy to be moving back into the 30s & 40s sewing.

Can I just say...
OH
MY
LORD!!!

This is AMAZING! You have real skills and must be highly patient to put in work like that!

Wow! :eusa_clap

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I made this super simple, pull on, just for looks garter belt lol
I refashioned a pair of pretty panties that was way to big that for some reason I never got rid of, guess they new why they kept avioding they clearance of my closest and drawers! Cut of the crotch, recycled the lace and sewed back on. Measured the elastic, useds detachable hose grips so I use on others. Need to go to walmart and see if I can find some pretty notions, Jo anns seemed to be restocking shelves and I didnt see anything I liked.
garter.jpg

And a different one with a tutorial that I plan to follow, maybe today.....hmmmm
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125467.0

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:

Except for cutting down the under arm on the next one, this fits great for the first time out! Just enough support so the girls dont go floppin all over the place. :eek:

1front.jpg
1detail.jpg

This is a *perfect* project for using up scrap cotton. Im gonna make tons more. The band around the bottom is cut on the bias, and makes the thing so comfy. I reinforced the shoulders of the 4 way stretch cotton jersey with fabric on the grain for extra stabilization.

Yay!
LD

I love the buttons and snappy blue and white trim! :)

Vanessa

One Too Many
GlamourDoll said:
This is AMAZING! You have real skills and must be highly patient to put in work like that!

Wow! :eusa_clap

Heehee Thanks! Many hours were spent watching movies & hand-sewing.

Here's the other gown I wore at the same event, but this time - the period correctness was skewed just a little. ;) The gown is named "Malibu Rococo Barbie" and is made of yards and yards of hot pink taffeta & silk organza with hand beading on the trim. It's an anglaise with a zone-front bodice. And it was worn very late at night - so please excuse my facial expression & the fact that I have no proper full length photos of it.

6050_116824060667_512635667_2766973.jpg

000ygx3w.jpg

And it really is that hot pink in person. :D

olive bleu

One Too Many
Lady Day said:

1front.jpg
1detail.jpg

Yay!
LD

wow..so much prettier than my ugly ol' sports bra!:)

Lorena B

Practically Family
Well, these are few bit that i have made since i came back to Spain for holidays.
Some earrings and necklaces of beads and glass
IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7041.jpg

more hairpins
IMG_7037.jpg

and a pair of shorts
IMG_7033-1.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
WOW! I am sort of ashamed to post what I made after seeing all you lovley creations. I am actually quite proud of this even though the revers are a little lopsided.
aa122bd3a175.jpg
bfea4848b2ff.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
WOW! I am sort of ashamed to post what I made after seeing all you lovley creations. I am actually quite proud of this even though the revers are a little lopsided.
aa122bd3a175.jpg
bfea4848b2ff.jpg
Don't you say that, I love it! I am such a sucker for bows and I love that green on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24