Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lorena B

Practically Family
Medvssa, i also love the finished dress.

I love what you did to the fabric, that shade of yellow is simple fantastic!!!
And the shirring on the top looks great!!

SayCici

Practically Family
Gorgeous Medvssa! You may not like yellow but it looks wonderful on you, and I love the green as well! I'll have to look into this pattern. :)

Antje

One Too Many
Medvssa said:
This dress from Evadress, I have been lusting after the pattern since I saw it!

M9906.jpg

And I really liked the yellow/green combination, although I am not a fan of yellow.

IMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG

I shirred the gatherings at the top with my shirring foot at the machine, I liked how it looked:

IMG_4100.JPG

The fabric is a crepe rayon, was white with flowers (center here), and I dyed it green and yellow. The green didn't take evenly, unfortunately :(

I will be sewing this one again, it is very flattering for pear a shaped body ;) although these pictures aren't taken from the most flattering angle...

Beautifull dress great job

Vanessa

One Too Many
Well this is probably a little more vintage than what you're used to - but here's what I've been working on for the past few months:

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

1.jpg

It's a robe a la anglaise circa about 1776 made of changeable silk taffeta in teal & purple with self-fabric trimmings & hand-beaded. I made everything starting in January of this year from the skin out including chemise, 18th C corset, pocket hoops, petticoats & gown. I also made two other gowns for the event, but I am waiting on better pictures of them. And now that they are complete - I am very happy to be moving back into the 30s & 40s sewing.

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
Medvssa said:
This dress from Evadress, I have been lusting after the pattern since I saw it!

M9906.jpg

And I really liked the yellow/green combination, although I am not a fan of yellow.

IMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG

I shirred the gatherings at the top with my shirring foot at the machine, I liked how it looked:

IMG_4100.JPG

The fabric is a crepe rayon, was white with flowers (center here), and I dyed it green and yellow. The green didn't take evenly, unfortunately :(

I will be sewing this one again, it is very flattering for pear a shaped body ;) although these pictures aren't taken from the most flattering angle...

Wowza! Simply gorgeous! I love the lines of this pattern--they're so classic and pretty, imho. Kudos for using the shirring foot too! I haven't ever used mine, but after seeing your project, I might have to go dig it out... ;)

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Wow, thats spectacular. How long (working days) would you estimate it takes you to complete one gown?

LD

That gown was quite a bit of work - all the trim is handsewn & then trimmed again & then beaded. Rough estimation: if I was working 8 hours days (like a job) perhaps 2.5 to 3 weeks.

Vanessa

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
Holy mackerel! What a dress! Is that your real hair???

Some of it along the front & sides. The majority was a wig that my hair was blended into - a period technique.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Vanessa, amazing work!!

And for all you girls out there with a penchant for western styling, last time I was a Joann's they had a brown corduroy embroidered with horses and ranch brands. Adorable!!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Doh! Can someone tell me which pattern please? I promised my friend I'd make her some for Christmas this year!!

zendy said:
I don't know if it's the same pattern as the rest of the gals, but here's my version on the 40's overalls. They are super lightweight denim with big brass buttons, and so comfy I've worn them 2 days straight, guess that means I'll be needing to make a few more.
overalls1.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
Yep, It's the EvaDress one altered with the straps sewn on backwards for easy on and off. I'm Currently working on a second pair, It's a wonderful pattern, but a bit hard to follow at first.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
Vanessa said:
Well this is probably a little more vintage than what you're used to
Wow, gorgeous, what is more precious than an 18th century gown? I especially like the back of the bodice, beautiful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot