Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
~Psycho Sue~ said:
Here is a shirt for my husband!
bowler.jpg

Another Cherry!
cherrytopf-1.jpg
I love these! Did you use modern patterns for them? If so, which ones? I've made my husband a couple bowling shirts, but I think he'd like one like this, too. I need to make myself one of those tops!

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Kamikat,

thanks for the compliments! The top is a burda plus size pattern. It has 3 options for top/dress. The halter, the strap, and the wide strap. It is a great pattern. BURDA 7907

The men's shirt is Simplicity 3852. The envelope shows it all in one color, if you make the yoke a contrasting color then it's more retro ;)

Be sure to post if you make one! I would love to see! I am a handmade clothing nerd!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
~Psycho Sue~ said:
Kamikat,

thanks for the compliments! The top is a burda plus size pattern. It has 3 options for top/dress. The halter, the strap, and the wide strap. It is a great pattern. BURDA 7907
Oh, thank God! As soon as I saw it was a Burda pattern, I had a fear that it would be Burda 7666 (also a plus pattern)! It's a wiggle dress with the same shoulders, but for some reason made me look pregnant. I'm adding 7907 to my to-buy list.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
Oh, thank God! As soon as I saw it was a Burda pattern, I had a fear that it would be Burda 7666 (also a plus pattern)! It's a wiggle dress with the same shoulders, but for some reason made me look pregnant. I'm adding 7907 to my to-buy list.

thanks for the heads up, I was contemplating buying that one! LOL
This pattern did need some extra room in the side seams for meh belly! After some experience with this pattern, I now do this one with a 24 bust merged into the largest hip (28), and even then I only do a 3/8" seam allowance. I CANNOT stand having tops ride up my ass. They need to stay right at the top of the butt crack or I fidget all day with it. LOL

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic top, Psycho Sue! I love anything with cherries.

Last night I made a lingerie envelope, from a pattern in October 1954's The Workbasket:

Edit: And we're back!

LingerieEnvelope003.jpg

LingerieEnvelope001.jpg

LingerieEnvelope002.jpg

It took me no more than 2 hours, and now I have a lovely envelope to store my stockings. I'm going to make another one soon for gloves.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
Fantastic top, Psycho Sue! I love anything with cherries.

Last night I made a lingerie envelope, from a pattern in October 1954's The Workbasket:

[Photobucket is down, photo's pending...]

C-dot...that was an evil tease! (love it)

cynroux

Familiar Face
What a great idea and project C-dot! It turned out so cute too.

Has anyone had experience with Vogue V2401? I picked it up yesterday at JoAnne's for a song along with enough chocolate brown taffeta to make a nice dress for Thanksgiving (JoAnne's is having a fantastic sale btw). Tips, tricks and things to look out for are greatly appreciated, since I'm still new at this.

4088951671_a786ecf80a_o.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
cynroux, the best advice I can think of for dealing with Vintage Vogue repros is to make a muslin first. They run big and fit a little wonky sometimes. I've made a few myself and have heard the same thing from several people who have also made them.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
probably due to them resizing them. I bet the bigger the size, the more wonky they are. I am making one in a size 12 for a friend. that bolero with the triangular seam under the arms ALMOST broke me this weekend. i had to hand sew that sucker. PLUS they had me put organza at the corner to prevent it from being malformed. This bolero..NO PATTERN ADJUSTMENT options.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
cynroux said:
Has anyone had experience with Vogue V2401? I picked it up yesterday at JoAnne's for a song along with enough chocolate brown taffeta to make a nice dress for Thanksgiving (JoAnne's is having a fantastic sale btw).

Ooh my, chocolate brown taffeta? That will look amazing with that pattern. Reminds me of New Look.

I wish I could give tips, but I've never made a dress before. I have a sailor dress pattern from sixsexsix, but have yet to attempt the daunting feat.

Good luck, I'm excited to see the finished product!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo