Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Two more hats. THese pics are crappy.

front3.jpg
side-4.jpg
back-5.jpg

This is a striped wool with an orange hand pleated silk band. The lining is also silk.

front-4.jpg
side-3.jpg
back-6.jpg

This one I used the leftover wool crepe and made a wide band (and lining) out of a chocolate linen. It look much cooler in person.

Yay hats :D
LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, OMG! Those hats make me wish I wore 20s dresses just so I could buy one from you. You should make some for your etsy site!

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
LadyDay, Do you know how pretty you are? I just want to keep you in my pocket so I can take you out and look at your cute face whenever I want to!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies.
The hats are a bit time consuming (the linings are 7 pieces so the pleats are open at the bottom). The orange band alone took me 2 hours :eusa_doh: I do like them, and I am gonna try a few in my store. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
sixsexsix said:
capelet & skirt in black linen
DSC01671.jpg

Mmm, that looks yummy! I love the drape of the skirt.

I made another hat.

front2-3.jpg
sideagain.jpg

The 3 buttons are 20s buttons from my stash. The lining is also in the gold silk. I think it works well against the wool.
I really should stop now, but I cant! Muhahahahhhhhhaaaa!

Yay hats!

LD

Idledame

Practically Family
I think you have a new business LD!

I apologise for this being a bit off topic, but we often talk about the frustrations of sewing. In another thread on the lounge was a link to this really funny site about decorating in the 70s
http://www.lileks.com/institute/interiors/index.html

And came across this very strange photo.
If you notice...she's in the middle of sewing... and the top rifle is missing from the rack........
8.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
sixsexsix said:
capelet & skirt in black linen
DSC01671.jpg

This reminds me of the Beauxbatons' outfits from Harry Potter. Which I've always thought were very vintage-y and lovely. :) Is yours really Black? It reads deep periwinkle, almost light purple on my screen.
goblet1.jpg

goblet1.jpg

Mirinda

New in Town
Idledame said:
I think you have a new business LD!

I apologise for this being a bit off topic, but we often talk about the frustrations of sewing. In another thread on the lounge was a link to this really funny site about decorating in the 70s
http://www.lileks.com/institute/interiors/index.html

And came across this very strange photo.
If you notice...she's in the middle of sewing... and the top rifle is missing from the rack........
8.jpg

Haha, that made me laugh... I can get quite frustrated when I'm in the middle of a project (I wish I were more crafty!).

Oh, and I love the mini-tv in the photo!

Snookie

Practically Family
Halloween!!

Carmen Miranda and Charlie Chaplin, of course.
4060248388_b0408a9826_o.jpg

I made the top a couple years ago, so I only had to make the skirt and the headdress. (Only!) I already had all the fabric and a pattern for the skirt, so I only had to buy materials for the headdress - about $30 total. Not bad!

I didn't make Charlie's outfit, just helped rig the clothes for an awkward fit.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Snookie, WONDERFUL!!! Great seeing you and the hubby at the Mobster's Ball! Please post this pic also in the Men's Halloween thread-its not for just gents anymore-ladies can post in it too.

Snookie said:
Halloween!!

Carmen Miranda and Charlie Chaplin, of course.
4060248388_b0408a9826_o.jpg

I made the top a couple years ago, so I only had to make the skirt and the headdress. (Only!) I already had all the fabric and a pattern for the skirt, so I only had to buy materials for the headdress - about $30 total. Not bad!

I didn't make Charlie's outfit, just helped rig the clothes for an awkward fit.

Snookie

Practically Family
Thanks everyone! It's fun dressing up and playing a different character for a night. I posted the pic in a 2009 Halloween thread I found, hope that's the right one! Can't wait to see more costumes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo