Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

cynroux

Familiar Face
Amy Jeanne, I adore that folkwear 249!

I'm at it again...still learning by doing. For my third attempt I chose a 1950's jumper, Simplicity 3673, version A. It's far from perfect, but it's good enough to wear to work.

4029482892_85f5ff203e.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
cynroux, that is a great outfit! I've been thinking about making this dress again and wondering if jumpers were too young a look for me, but yours looks elegant and sophisticated.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I have been MIA for a while now as life has just been way to busy. I hope to be here more frequently again.
I made this dirndl for an Octoberfest party last weekend. I also made the hubby lederhosen but I'm still waiting on a photo of them.
100_4212.jpg

cynroux

Familiar Face
kamikat said:
cynroux, that is a great outfit! I've been thinking about making this dress again and wondering if jumpers were too young a look for me, but yours looks elegant and sophisticated.

I thought the same thing at first, because I really wanted to make the "B" version with the a-line skirt...but somehow it would look a little too "schoolgirl" on this old broad. :) A small, understated plaid worked great with this version and definitely pushed it into "office dressy".

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! You are all an inspiration to keep at the machine.:)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
cynroux said:
I thought the same thing at first, because I really wanted to make the "B" version with the a-line skirt...but somehow it would look a little too "schoolgirl" on this old broad. :) A small, understated plaid worked great with this version and definitely pushed it into "office dressy".

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! You are all an inspiration to keep at the machine.:)
I've made the a-line skirt, in a black linen for summer and black satin for New Year's Eve. However, I haven't worn them since I started the downhill slide toward 40. I think the a-line version needs a stern fabric to avoid "schoolgirl".

Antje

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne I love the dress and I could'nt imagine it was from folkwear, I don't like what I've seen from them, and I once made a weird looking jumper (knitting pattern) from folkwear and It was not what I hoped for, but this dress looks totally amazing, I'm really surprised!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
goldwyn girl said:
I have been MIA for a while now as life has just been way to busy. I hope to be here more frequently again.
I made this dirndl for an Octoberfest party last weekend. I also made the hubby lederhosen but I'm still waiting on a photo of them.
100_4212.jpg

GG, I love you :)

:D
LD

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
Amy Jeanne I love the dress and I could'nt imagine it was from folkwear, I don't like what I've seen from them, and I once made a weird looking jumper (knitting pattern) from folkwear and It was not what I hoped for, but this dress looks totally amazing, I'm really surprised!!!

I <3 Folkwear sewing patterns. They are easy to make, look "authentic", and always fit perfectly.

BUT!! I *hate* the 1980s photos they use on their site!! lol lol lol Don't let them deter you. And while the photo for 249 isn't from the 80s, the dresses are too big for the models, making 249 look like a frumpy, shapeless sack. I could moan about this all day! Hehe!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You gals have been doing some great work.
The outfits that I recently completed, I wore them this past weekend.

front-2.jpg

This one I made the jacket from an old dress, but I found about a yard of extra fabric in my stash and made a matching 30s skirt with a red pleat in front and back.

P1170689.jpg
melarge.jpg

I finally made this dress. I lined the inside of the flutter cuffs with red silk. This was my Cicada outfit. It was a hit. That and the had, people said I had the 'look down' :)

The hat I made the pattern myself. Its made of black velvet with 3 pleats at the top and they open on the sides.

front-3.jpg
back2.jpg

And lastly I made up the bridge jacket from Decades of Style. Man, I nearly lost my marbles. All I can say is if you make this up MAKE SURE you pin a note labeling 'arm' and 'front' because I got them mixed up 3 times. Also this pattern is not a good use of fabric (you waste tons), so take that into account of you want to make it.

I Dont think Ill make it again, but the pattern is as I expected, sized great. This will be a good cover when the weather gets cool.

My version is of cream wool crepe, and I hand tacked all the edges. NEVER AGAIN!

2803-web-pic.jpg

front2-2.jpg
back-1.jpg

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn