Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Ladies, your skill is fantastic. I particularly like these ones:
melarge.jpg

9733_150495879163_624014163_2672898_6991473_n.jpg

3913405239_6276f5eb6c.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies! You gals are so sweet.

Texasgirl, I was thinking of making the hats, or even selling the pattern in my store, so thanks for that! :)

LD

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Goodness. Such work on here!

LD I knew you were a great hand with a sewing machine, and how could you get any better? But you keep doing it, every time even more wow!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Idledame said:
Good grief LD! You already made the bridge jacket. I haven't even taken the material I bought that day out of the bag yet! It looks great. What exactly was the problem with that pattern?

Thanks all.
The patten just has the sleeve and the front jacket too close in size (and length) that I got them confunsed and sewed the sleeve to the back of the jacket twice :eusa_doh: Plus the pattern called for double sided fabric, and *that* got confusing.

I blind hemmed all the sides by hand. 3 1/2 hours! The jacket in essence is maybe 15 construction stitches, but it requires way too much edge finishing to make it time effective for me (even if I did it by machine).

Oh, Idledame, on a side note, you know that steel blue wool crepe I got? Well, the 'blemish' washed out, so I in essence got 6 yards of the stuff for $10! W00T!!!

LD

SayCici

Practically Family
I FINISHEDDDD, FINALLY.

october2009045copy.jpg

Excuse the mirror *and* bathroom shot, but I'm happy/excited! From the 1930s blouse pattern I posted in the pattern thread. It was... interesting, I've never sewn a collar before (and you can tell) and I wound up doing the cuffs a different way (accidentally, then decided just to go with it). Wore under my velvet jumper I got today.

Am I the only one who always dreads putting in the sleeves, but once they're done.. realize it didn't take long or kill me whatsoever?

Inky

One Too Many
Very cute on you and that jumper is perfect!

have you tried doing the sleeves before you do the side seam? it doesn't always work (like when you add those contrasting cuffs I wouldn't do it) but it's a quick and dirty way not to have to do set in sleeves - i do it for shirts I make for the husband all the time.

zendy

A-List Customer
Idledame: That dress is superb! I love the way the sleeves wrap and I adore the black contrast and buttons.
Cici: You look stunning as always! Great job on the shirt. I also hate setting sleeves, but it gets easier once you do it a few more times.

Idledame

Practically Family
Thank you Zendy. One of the great things about that pattern was no sleeves to put in! But I'd rather do 100 sleeves than one collar. I never can make them come out right. Everyone's work looks great. Seeing all your work makes me want to keep trying.

Inky said:
Very cute on you and that jumper is perfect!

have you tried doing the sleeves before you do the side seam? it doesn't always work (like when you add those contrasting cuffs I wouldn't do it) but it's a quick and dirty way not to have to do set in sleeves - i do it for shirts I make for the husband all the time.

Do give it a try Cici. I use that method on dolls dresses all the time.
You look adorable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo