Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Just finished this little number today! yay! It's from a pattern from 1939. There's more about it here on my blog.
39monkdressb.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
SayCici I love your fabric choice, great Tiki feel
Khalamorgan great fit on your dress, va va voom

Lauren Lovely simple lines on your dress, that complement the print, your so creative.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Such beauty and talent!! I've been in a sewing lull, but I'm picking up again. Working on DuBarry patterns right now. Just finished another incarnation of Hollywood 1908 (one of my favourite patterns!!)

25388_386802959163_624014163_3945101_1561974_n.jpg

n624014163_1557279_5788272.jpg

made it in a novelty Halloween print and left it sleeveless for summer!!

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
SugarKitten said:
Love the red and black Inky! nothing like a little help from your friends...

Kamikat the butterfly print is awesome.

I finally had enough practice in to attempt a vintage pattern. No resizing, I risked using it as it was (a 30 bust) because it was a wrap, and it doesn't have to fit my shoulders (which are a mile wide). The pattern is all spirographs, and I have enough left over to make at least a shirt!

dress.jpg

It's supposed to have double-fold bias tape around the neck, but I can't get it to follow the curves of the shoulder ties. Any suggestions on what to use instead? The curve is quite sharp, and I don't want to use a million little pieces of tape...

This is really cute! I just bought a pattern from wal-mart that looks like this a bit (the little bows at the top of the arms). I'm glad this one looks so good on you, I'm very encouraged right now!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Everyone has been making some great things.
I finally finished my two dresses from one of my own repro patterns!

frontw-2.jpg
frontw-1.jpg

I LOVE this pattern, LOVE IT! Im going to have an army of these dresses by the time Im done. The skirt has such sassy flare. Squeee! And on the navy one, I finally got to use my 1940s cotton fabric.

I love them both! All the progress and more pictures are linked in my sig line :)
Yay sewing!

LD

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
LD,
I love those dresses! In fact I loved them so much I promptly went to your Etsy and purchased the pattern. I love esp. what you did with the plaid. Too cute!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks ladies. I love the navy one too. The entire process of making the dress was to make that navy one :D
I'm glad they both turned out so well!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24