Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Lauren said:
Very cute!
I finished this one up today. There's more about it here on my blog.
disneydress.jpg

OMG! SO CUTE!!! Well done, Lauren!!! :eusa_clap

SheBear74

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Thanks! :)
My other project from yesterday was altering this vintage robe into a dress. I have more info on my blog, but here's before and after pictures:
appledress.jpg

You are, as the kids say today, epic! :) Seriously I love your work! I love your attention to detail. I soooo need to work on slowing down and doing a good job! I get so caught up in wanting to just get done. lol

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Nice work Lauren,

have you ever converted one of the long line zip up housecoats? I have a gorgeous one that I'd love to wear as a dress but need inspiration. Other than shortening it I'm flummoxed,
K

BoPeep

Practically Family
Lauren, it's beautiful! I love your fabric on the previous rick-rack dress and now this fabulous fruit dress! As was said already, great attention to detail. :eusa_clap

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Wow! Thanks so much, gals :D It was a fun project.
Kitty, I haven't tried to convert one of those. I'd imagine you'd have to pick out the zipper and seam up the front and then add a side zipper, though the stitch lines still might show at center front since they've been there a while... if it was a tad bit too big it might work better.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Kitty_Sheridan said:
have you ever converted one of the long line zip up housecoats? I have a gorgeous one that I'd love to wear as a dress but need inspiration. Other than shortening it I'm flummoxed,

Just wear it! I've worn a very nice taffeta and velvet one I have as an evening party dress before. No one knows the difference. Who cares if it's got a zipper up the front? It will still look fabulous :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap Awesome!

Catching up here ladies, wonderful garments everyone! Kami, I love that shade of wine on you!
Nikki
SheBear74 said:
Just wanted to throw in a quick example of re-purposing. :)

This is an apron I made from a men's shirt.
blacktropical.jpg

This is a little girls out fit also from a men's shirt. The pants are the sleeves, and I used the back of the shirt for the top.
IMG_3647.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
Here's a 30's shirtwaist pattern that I got from AmyJeane. I'm not quite happy with the fit, but it has potential.
4627496644_a843ab10cb.jpg

I like it! What dont you like about it? From what I can see the bodice might be a bit too long, but other than that I think it fits you splendidly :)

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
These are divine and fit you beautifully LD!!
Nikki
Lady Day said:
Everyone has been making some great things.
I finally finished my two dresses from one of my own repro patterns!

frontw-2.jpg
frontw-1.jpg

I LOVE this pattern, LOVE IT! Im going to have an army of these dresses by the time Im done. The skirt has such sassy flare. Squeee! And on the navy one, I finally got to use my 1940s cotton fabric.

I love them both! All the progress and more pictures are linked in my sig line :)
Yay sewing!

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR