Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Love this story SheBear!
Nikki
SheBear74 said:
It's kind of funny because a couple months ago I cut bangs, I didn't like the way they looked so I check youtube for a tutorial. That led me to Betty bangs which led me to looking into vintage clothing, which led me here. My wardrobe consisted mainly of flip flops, shorts and tank tops (we live in FL). So I have been dressing really different from what I have been, not to mention the make-up lol. I have always loved the 40s and 50s looks, but was never brave enough to wear it, till now anyway. ;) Well I made this dress, put it on and stepped out to ask my husband what he thought. He looked really confused, and said. Are you really going to wear that? I said yes, why does it look bad? He said no, it's cute, but not like anything you usually wear. lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I like it! What dont you like about it? From what I can see the bodice might be a bit too long, but other than that I think it fits you splendidly :)

LD
Bodice length is one bit, plus I forgot to do a sloping shoulder adjustment. Bodices just look more tidy on me with that adjustment.

khalamorgan

New in Town
SheBear74 said:
Found a bed sheet in really good shape at the Goodwill today, and I love to re-purpose when I can so I made this. :)

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjctMjAxMDA1MTgtMTUyN.jpg

Close up of the fabric

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjgtMjAxMDA1MTgtMTUyN.jpg

so cute!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Thanks for the compliments on the re-purposed dress:)

Can someone tell me how you go about making a copy of a pattern? I get that you can photo copy the instructions, but how about the rest?

crwritt

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:
Thanks for the compliments on the re-purposed dress:)

Can someone tell me how you go about making a copy of a pattern? I get that you can photo copy the instructions, but how about the rest?

For printed patterns, lay the pieces out on your table and put that pattern tracing material that looks like interfacing over it. Use small weights to keep it all in place, and trace all of the marks with a fine point sharpie.

SheBear74

Practically Family
crwritt said:
For printed patterns, lay the pieces out on your table and put that pattern tracing material that looks like interfacing over it. Use small weights to keep it all in place, and trace all of the marks with a fine point sharpie.

Thanks! Someone mentioned getting a copy, and I wasn't sure how to do it. lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
you can also use plain old tracing paper from an art supply shop, which i've always found to be cheaper than the actual pattern tissue stuff

SheBear74

Practically Family
Made another retro repurpose :) Another one from a sheet, funny thing is the sheet matched the picture on the pattern! Just noticed I need to shorten that outer skirt! Oops lol

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMDA1MjMtMTY0M.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTItMjAxMDA1MjMtMTY0N.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:
Made another retro repurpose :) Another one from a sheet, funny thing is the sheet matched the picture on the pattern! Just noticed I need to shorten that outer skirt! Oops lol

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMDA1MjMtMTY0M.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTItMjAxMDA1MjMtMTY0N.jpg

How's that for serendipity?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Scarlet Belle said:
Oh my golly gosh! But you look so completely adorable!! That blouse is just fabulous and it is so beautifully flattering on you! You really look adorable Kami!

...and I must say I just love how your photos have a little furry friend scooting through. The cat, then the dog! hehehehe, I love that. lol

Thanks! I love how this blouse works with vintage skirts and modern jeans.
Those animals are all camera hounds! They know when I'm getting ready to snap a picture and come running!

MissECP

New in Town
Hi ladies, I have a lot of patterns (vintage and non vintage) already so to try and save a bit of money i altered a modern pattern i had to try and make a vintage style skirt. I got the idea for the style from a skirt i saw my nan wearing in a photo from the late 40s. It was an easy pattern, so i'm going to make a few for summer.
strpeskirt2.jpg
stripeskirt.jpg

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
SheBear - I am completely inspired now to go re-purpose something! I have been thinking about it for awhile now and seeing your success makes me want to do that too!

SheBear74

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Telegram for SheBear:

Come to England-STOP-Need new wardrobe-STOP-Have lots of old sheets and sewing machine-STOP-

Kettle is on and biscuits in the tin-STOP.

lol

Lol love it! That's my first Telegram :)

I would love to come make you a new wardrobe! ;)

Mrs. Merl, I was just at the Goodwill looking at more bedding lol. Didn't find anything that wowed me but I do have a few projects I need to finish first. ;) I would love to see what you come up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21