Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Drappa

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I'm posting a wadder mainly because I'm looking for opinions. I don't think it's a total waste because it looks good with the jacket, however, to my eye, it doesn't really look 30s. Was it poor fabric choice? The lack of OTT 30's design elements? The fact that I lengthened the jacket to a more flattering length for me?
4812187298_1957224704.jpg

4811563215_d4e3744720.jpg

4775005418_7a87ea10f2.jpg
I like it better without the jacket, but it is lovely either way and not really modern to me.

crwritt

One Too Many
Drappa said:
I like it better without the jacket, but it is lovely either way and not really modern to me.

I think it fits you well. Since it is so plain, it has a classic look, nothing wrong with that. Maybe its just that, it is plain gray. You need accessories!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
crwritt said:
I think it fits you well. Since it is so plain, it has a classic look, nothing wrong with that. Maybe its just that, it is plain gray. You need accessories!
It's actually a black and white gingham, but that doesn't show up well in the pictures.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Everyone's been making such great things!
GrantFan, love your creations! That rose dress is ADORABLE.
Kamikat- I really love the cut of the dress. The collar's really cute :)
AmyJeanne, I Love it! That pattern is adorable!

And thanks so much for the comments on my swimsuit :) Wouldn't you know it would be cloudy this week and not blisteringly hot, so I haven't even worn it yet.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
I spot a furry creature!! :D

lol Oh yes! Lovely collie! What is that colour called? Is it blue merle?

I get so frustrated every time I open this thread and realise that yet another day has gone past without me taking steps to learn to sew. I would love to be able to make beautiful things like you all do, but it's never going to happen unless I start!

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments!

The dress still needs work :rage: I wore it on Monday and the waist still does not have enough definition!

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Puzzicato said:
lol Oh yes! Lovely collie! What is that colour called? Is it blue merle?

I get so frustrated every time I open this thread and realise that yet another day has gone past without me taking steps to learn to sew. I would love to be able to make beautiful things like you all do, but it's never going to happen unless I start!

I'm in the same boat, so don't feel bad. I know how to sew and use my machine..but completing a project from start to finish...well just getting to that. I just recently sewed a nautical theme tote bag from scratch, the first thing I've sewn since I was about 16. It turned out ok...I'm a bit of a perfectionist I guess and am not completely happy with it. It bothers me how I failed to line up a boat in the middle of the bag! *lol* Next one I will.

I've always wanted to get sewing, and this thread inspires me each time. You ladies rock!
X
BD

totesm.jpg

PS I'm starting out simple..next up pillow cases in the same fabric and curtains for my computer room!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
This thread is amazing! A lot of inspiration and just plain out lovelyness.

Here's M5226. I saw this shirt on Gertie's blog and HAD to make my own I loved it so much.

It's not perfect (like hers) and I wish those tattoos weren't there, but I like it:
4815679219_b7b4ffff20.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Christi.adell said:
This thread is amazing! A lot of inspiration and just plain out lovelyness.

Here's M5226. I saw this shirt on Gertie's blog and HAD to make my own I loved it so much.

It's not perfect (like hers) and I wish those tattoos weren't there, but I like it:
4815679219_b7b4ffff20.jpg

I love it - it looks amazing!
And..I wish I didn't have my tatts either! Oh well...I didn't know at 15 I wouldn't want them in my 30s!

X
BD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points