Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

buddy5909

One of the Regulars
Yes Christi.adell, where did you get that pattern? Very cute and a good length. I don't understand why girls want to wear shorts so short these days. Makes it very hard to shop for a pair of shorts. Might need to start making my own.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
buddy5909 said:
I don't understand why girls want to wear shorts so short these days.

Sorry:eek:fftopic:

It blows my mind when I see 15-year-olds strutting around with their parents in those short shorts. I just can't believe they let 'em out of the house like that. I'm no prude but they just look.... easy... and cheap.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Wow! Thank you guys so much. It makes me feel better about them since my husband thinks they look like granny shorts (but what does he know!).

And I'm sorry I didn't post the pattern, I usually try to since if I see something I love I hope the pattern is posted. It's Simplicity 2654 and I did View C even though I left off the cuff and tabs. It's still in stores, just bought it the other day.

Hailey Greenhat - :eek: Thank you. I actually have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to hair but I've been experimenting the last few days.

Buddy5909- I agree. I hate modern shorts so much. Too short and too low, but I've always thought that way. Of course it's worse now that I've had a baby and the too low part is just hideous!

velvetongue

Familiar Face
I recently finished this Anne Adams scalloped dress, circa 1940s.

4832614021_1a944f9919_o.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
Christi.adell said:
Modern pattern but I was in desperate need of shorts. Plus you can't beat $3/yd fabric.

4832235252_8439a0bf9c.jpg

Wow love the whole outfit, and I am going to have to try and steal your hair do!!! lol Very cute!

SheBear74

Practically Family
I am kind of stuck in some bizarre tutu land right now lol. I made one for a friend, then ended up making about 15 more for other friends! In between I made this. It's my new swim suit. I didn't make bottoms, I think I may just buy those since I am not that confident when it comes to putting in the elastic leg holes.

38208_1538538190188_1436903181_1440414_2638012_n.jpg

Here is one of the tutus...

38468_1544564300837_1436903181_1458117_8342246_n.jpg

SheBear74

Practically Family
I used Simplicity 3780. I left out the zipper, then left off the bias tape until the very end. I cut one long piece that runs all the way around the top, and is used as the ties. If that makes any sense. lol

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple of things I've finished recently:

First is Butterick 5152, I made the short sleeved version for a summer robe. I love it!

And the other is a super simple skirt, Simplicity 2614, in a woven red fabric, super comfy, I've made a couple other versions of this too, that's how much I like it.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
buddy5909 said:
Thanks Christi.adell, I went and bought the shorts pattern at JoAnns today because it was on sale for $1.99. Can't beat that!!!

Awesome! I hope you like it.

Velvetounge- I love that color and the scallops. Very cute.

Theswingingbee- I've been wanting to make a robe forever. That one's great!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
SheBear74 said:
Wow love the whole outfit, and I am going to have to try and steal your hair do!!! lol Very cute!

Thank you! Hair wasn't too hard I guess. I wet set it with velcro rollers since my hair is so short. And then messed with it until it looked halfway decent. :)

lareine

A-List Customer
TheSwingingBee said:
And the other is a super simple skirt, Simplicity 2614, in a woven red fabric, super comfy, I've made a couple other versions of this too, that's how much I like it.
I love this skirt! Thanks for posting your picture. That pattern is now on my wish list -- even better since it comes with a cute blouse pattern as well, which has cup sizes options.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Land-O-LakesGal said:
Land-O-LakesGal

Ok not a dress or sewing but my sewing needs improvement. I made these birdbaths a few years ago I need to make more.
Ok if anyone wants to give me some photo posting advise or direct me to it I will try to get these to post directly sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy