Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Lauren said:
And just finished these three hats :D
hat1.jpg
hats2.jpg
hats3.jpg

I love those hats!! Fantastic job! :eusa_clap

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love the Edwardian outfit Lauren and of corse I love the hat's. Can't wait to get that pattern. Discovring that you made a repro of that made my whole week.

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Hi. So compared to Lauren's amazing Edwardian oufit what I made feels like a sack. But it's the first piece of clothing I have ever made and even though there's a list of faults as long as your arm I love it anyway.
19082010623.jpg

I made this red pencil skirt

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thanks for all the compliments, girls! I do like the back of the dress, low enough to be seductive but (just) high enough that I don't need a special bra! lol We always have to factor in the undergarments, don't we?

Lauren - beautiful as always. How many miles of ruffles did you have to hem for that?! :)

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Its been ages since I've checked in and what lovely projects to come back and drool over!! Lauren those hats are amazing, really inspiring me to get my vogue hat pattern out and give it a whirl!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Many thanks, ladies for the comments on my projects! :)

Rosie_Beau, I think that looks wonderful! Especially for the first thing you've made. You don't even WANT to see my first projects. lol I can't even see the faults you're talking about. Looks great to me!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
I just finished Simplicity 3688. The high waisted pants.
I used denim which it didn't list but I've been wanting high waisted jeans. They came together pretty easy except the waistband was a little wonky. Either user error or maybe because the pattern only had one size band for all sized pieces? Maybe because I used denim. I dunno, but I made it work..kinda.

Simplicity 3688 - pants by christi.adell, on Flickr

But... I don't really like them. They just don't seem too flattering on me and make me seem bigger than I really am. I'll probably still wear them but I'm still on the look out for a flattering vintage-ish jean pattern. Any suggestions welcome of course. :)

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
I agree with Kamikat, Christi.adell - you look lovely and it seems like you did a good job, too! It's a bit strange that there were no size adjustments at all for the waistband.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Ladies you made my day! Thank you. I will agree they are not the ugliest things I've ever made (I assure you there have been much worse! ha!) I think it might even be I'm just not used to them yet. The only jeans I've ever worn have been RTW and low rise. I guess I was thinking they'd have more of a taper, but that might make them more 70's bellbottom than 40's though, now that I think about it.

Ms Sew-n-Sew - Yes it did seem weird. It basically called for easing any left over material in around the right side. So for me it made the waistband a bit floppy on that side. Of course I haven't made tons of pants so I'm not sure how common easing into the waistband might be.

And thanks Kamikat for the recommendation. Those are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21