Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Kamikat, I love that blouse! Especially the little ruffles. I have that fabric too. Love it :)

Christi.adell, I think those trousers look fabulous! It does take a while to get used to vintage style pants. I think I finally abandoned my modern jeans lol Not saying I wouldn't buy a pair if I fell in love with them, though ;) For the first time in months I put on a modern pair of capris, and I admit that those felt funny after getting used to wearing vintage trousers. Used to be the other way around!

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Thanks Lauren! Though I have to say it's hard to post after all your AMAZING projects. That dress..omg.

Kamikat I didn't notice that fabric before. So cool!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Here's my latest little project. I wrote more on it here. It's from a pattern from 1937.
blouse01.jpg
blouse03.jpg

FAYEZY123

New in Town
Dress no.1

I have never made anything in my life...so this was a test run. My very first dress...ever! I used a pattern from 1964, and the fabric was an old bed sheet from the market for £1.00 :eek: Can't wait to make my next one :D

PS. Please ignore the unmade bed! Haha, I was in the middle of putting fresh sheets on!

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, I can't wait to see it with the yellow skirt. That is going to be an amazing outfit! I admire your use of color. I'm so conservative when it comes to that.

velvetongue

Familiar Face
My recent project was this 1950s inspired Sarong Dress. I drafted this pattern myself based on my reference photos of Alfred Shaheen's work. More information about it can be found here.

4913870321_36015bf8be_o.jpg

4913870515_a13cb69557_o.jpg

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
Here's my latest little project. I wrote more on it here. It's from a pattern from 1937.
blouse01.jpg
blouse03.jpg

Lauren, I love this SO much. The cut, and fabric. One wouldn't know this wasn't a vintage piece in pristine condition. Amazing.

And I hope you'll do the alternate version with the little sailor type collar - so cute. ;0

X
BD

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
velvetongue said:
My recent project was this 1950s inspired Sarong Dress. I drafted this pattern myself based on my reference photos of Alfred Shaheen's work. More information about it can be found here.

4913870321_36015bf8be_o.jpg

4913870515_a13cb69557_o.jpg
Love it so much! I've been dying to make one of these babies for the longest time!

I wish I could draft my own patterns but I don't have a ME sized dress form yet. Maybe one of these Christmases Santa will bring me one!

FAYEZY123

New in Town
Foofoogal said:
FAYEZY123

For a first dress it is fantastic. Ruffles are not the easiest thing to do but yours look nice. :eusa_clap

Thanks!

Those damn ruffles! Haha! I managed to figure it out after reading 3 sewing guides and one youtube video! :eusa_doh:

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
Thanks everyone for your kind comments about my skirt. It's really built my confidence.
FAYEZY123 - I love the neck line on your dress!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
NicoleAnn said:
I made this dress using a pencil skirt pattern and kinda using a top to a dress.
zvvuoz.jpg
I looks great!!!! Nice fit for drafting two together I want to do that with 2 vintage overall patterns I have one has too much fabric in the pants but I prefer the top the other has the top straps attaching in the back which sounds and looks difficult but the pants are less full which would look better on me so I am eventually going to try to marry the two patterns. I am thinking it will be difficult so anyway once again. Great Job Nicole Ann

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
Thank you Land-o-lakes
hmm, im no pro, but maybe try taking out some fullness from the pants?
good luck, i would love to see it when you do that.
it was the 3rd dress i ever made :p

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I love everyone's dresses and have been a tad obsessed with house dresses and there was a flurry of them a page or two back. I'm not confident enough to make one without a pattern, I picked up New Look 6774 for a house-ish looking dress. I liked crwritt's suggestion to add contrast trim and I have to say I've had a blast making this dress. I included a close-up of the fabric. There's a bit of excess fabric at the underarms, but I was too excited to take pictures to figure out what to do to fix it - darts perhaps?

4928100261_51fd3bd209_z.jpg

A close up of the contrast trim and the fabric:
4928100263_bb2ac10608.jpg

My other sewing project, not vintage related but dollie related :eek:fftopic: , Degas ballet dancer inspired outfit for my Narae, Maisie, who apparently has a penchant for pink. The only machine sewing on the corset was to topstitch the ribbon:
4928100267_e02aa0b7a1_z.jpg

BoPeep

Practically Family
Tenuki - That looks cute and comfortable! I think I've seen that fabric in an Oriental line? And I love the dancer. I think there are more of them a few pages back, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points