Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

HepKitty

One Too Many
MarieAnne said:
I finally finished my wing bust halter top. I designed it using PatternMaster and I wore it for the first time this weekend at the Red Hot and Blue Rockabilly Weekend in Montreal.
DSC03749.jpg

Sorry it's so fuzzy but it's the best pic that shows the shirt.

this is gorgeous, you should sell the pattern! I'd buy it :)

you should be able to find swing dance lessons there, shouldn't you? it's so much fun

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Thanks HepKitty! I can't sell it because I used PatternMaster software. However, I'll eventually do a tutorial on how to draft it on my blog.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I've got my sewing machine working, I've purchased a pattern:

And on sunday I bought some cheap (I'm assuming my first attempt won't go that well) fabric. I haven't sewn anything from a pattern in about 10 years and that was with my mother's help. Results weren't that great even then, but it's time I tried again. I've been searching for the perfect black capri pants to fit my long body for about 5 years now, so making them is the only option left.

Don't be surprised if I'm on here asking a ton of advice - I've never done a button hole before for example!
I am about to struggle with button holes. I just got done struggling with sleeves, I had to go to my autie Marybeth and have her show me how to put in a sleeve as the Utube vids and my pattern were worthless for this. I am about to try the second one on my own. The the last thing to do is put in some button holes. The sad thing is this is all on a muslin that I am not even planning to wear lol but I am trying to get in the practive and learn a few things so I won't waste fabric I really like.

Miss Hannah that pattern is really cute and very similar to what I have been struggling with and I haven't even tried the pants yet.

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
MarieAnne said:
Thanks HepKitty! I can't sell it because I used PatternMaster software. However, I'll eventually do a tutorial on how to draft it on my blog.
That looks great Marie Anne! I thought you couldn't sell PMB pre-loaded patterns but could sell ones you draft yourself. But I could be wrong about that as I'm far from being that accomplished. I can't wait to see more pictures!

BoPeep

Practically Family
MarieAnne - do try to get a clearer photo ... I absolutely love those wing details!!

MissHannah and Land-O-LakesGal - Fear not!! There is a thread for all your sewing questions (I visit there often)!!

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=11070

Here's a basic 50s pattern that I made this summer. Had just enough left over to squeak out a dress for my daughter as well (hadn't planned on that). Her's will probably fit better next year, but she loves it when we match!

IMG_2722.jpg

Rosie_Beau

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
I've got my sewing machine working, I've purchased a pattern:

And on sunday I bought some cheap (I'm assuming my first attempt won't go that well) fabric. I haven't sewn anything from a pattern in about 10 years and that was with my mother's help. Results weren't that great even then, but it's time I tried again. I've been searching for the perfect black capri pants to fit my long body for about 5 years now, so making them is the only option left.

Don't be surprised if I'm on here asking a ton of advice - I've never done a button hole before for example!

I've never sewn a button hole either! So far i've made two very simple pencil skirts but now I'm moving on to the capri pants I've been dreaming about for oh a year. We can compare notes! :D

MissHannah

One Too Many
Rosie_Beau said:
I've never sewn a button hole either! So far i've made two very simple pencil skirts but now I'm moving on to the capri pants I've been dreaming about for oh a year. We can compare notes! :D

Ace! Mine are likely to be pretty iffy at first attempt I suspect, but i will persevere :)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
BoPeep said:
Here's a basic 50s pattern that I made this summer. Had just enough left over to squeak out a dress for my daughter as well (hadn't planned on that). Her's will probably fit better next year, but she loves it when we match!

IMG_2722.jpg

Ohhh, how adorable! How I wish my daughter liked to wear dresses. But she's a tomboy through and through right now.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
BoPeep- You and your daughter are adorable.
MarieAnne- That halter top looks great. I am sew impressed that you drafted that.

I am really proud of this dress. I wish I had a better picture of how cool the sleeves are. I think it fits almost perfectly and is pretty flattering. It went from being super hot to too cold to wear it but I hope we will have a few more warm days before fall. The buttons are a little wonky.

0b27301b88ec.jpg
cba115756e74.jpg
wpt30s30631mccall7355miss.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
BoPeep. you almost made me cry with that photo.
Just spent 22 days with our daughter that had our new grandson but I miss the little girl. :(
So adorable.:eusa_clap
I made our daughter a matching dress for her and her doll when she was little.

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
BoPeep Those dresses on you two are so cute, really love it.

DeadpandivaThat dress is amazing!

MarianneYour top looks good even in bluriness so I'm sure it looks great in real life!

BoPeep

Practically Family
Thank you for the compliments, ladies! This is the second matching outfit that I've done for myself and my daughter. Another few years and she'll be too old for this. And Foofoogal, last Easter she and her babydoll had matching dresses. That was fun to do!

deadpandiva - Very lovely! I really like the collar and pocket treatments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner