Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

FAYEZY123

New in Town
MissHannah said:
I've got my sewing machine working, I've purchased a pattern:

il_fullxfull.157945227.jpg

And on sunday I bought some cheap (I'm assuming my first attempt won't go that well) fabric. I haven't sewn anything from a pattern in about 10 years and that was with my mother's help. Results weren't that great even then, but it's time I tried again. I've been searching for the perfect black capri pants to fit my long body for about 5 years now, so making them is the only option left.

Don't be surprised if I'm on here asking a ton of advice - I've never done a button hole before for example!

Oh wow!!! This pattern is amazing...where did you get it from? I search etsy all the time and have never seen anything as good as this.

Good luck with the sewing :D

Christi.adell

One of the Regulars
Please excuse any weirdness in these photos since I took them myself. Also my pants are wrinkled, it is what it is.

Pants - For my second pair of jeans I used the Simplicity pattern I used a few weeks ago on the pair of shorts. I love this pattern and want to make about 15,000 pairs of pants from it! I still need better zipper insertion skills but I say these are 98% perfect.

Top- Another pattern I used before, M5226, this time View C. At first I liked this shirt alot. Went together easy and fits over the girls (yay!) but then my husband saw it and said while it looks super cute in the back the front looks like I'm wearing a towel. And now that's all I can see. Now I will give him that I usually steer clear of high necked tops since the amount of fabric needed to cover can look to me like a fabric wasteland, but I thought the little dots might help break that up. So I don't know, I'll still be wearing this in all its towel-ly goodness I suppose. :D

M5226 top - Simplicity 2654 pants by christi.adell, on Flickr

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I love everything! What talent and beauty :eusa_clap

Something I made myself:

57958_428944329163_624014163_4980380_3216138_n.jpg

From this pattern:

n624014163_1530840_1543636.jpg

All my dresses look the same lol I need to branch out and use one of my "different" patterns. Like this:

20444_284687899163_624014163_3414625_8268355_n.jpg

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Christi.adell said:
Top- Another pattern I used before, M5226, this time View C. At first I liked this shirt alot. Went together easy and fits over the girls (yay!) but then my husband saw it and said while it looks super cute in the back the front looks like I'm wearing a towel. And now that's all I can see. Now I will give him that I usually steer clear of high necked tops since the amount of fabric needed to cover can look to me like a fabric wasteland, but I thought the little dots might help break that up. So I don't know, I'll still be wearing this in all its towel-ly goodness I suppose. :D

I like it. I also love those pants!

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Christi.adell said:
Please excuse any weirdness in these photos since I took them myself. Also my pants are wrinkled, it is what it is.

Pants - For my second pair of jeans I used the Simplicity pattern I used a few weeks ago on the pair of shorts. I love this pattern and want to make about 15,000 pairs of pants from it! I still need better zipper insertion skills but I say these are 98% perfect.

Those pants are darling!! I'd like about 3million pair just like them!!!

TexasTawny001

New in Town
Can anyone point me to information on adjusting the size on patterns? I'm having trouble finding patterns big enough for me!! (and they say women were not as skinny and 'fuller figured' back then!! I think not!)

BoPeep

Practically Family
Love the pants Christi! With the sudden onslaught of cold weather, I'm into denim and wool pants sewing . . .

Another cute one, AmyJeanne! Can't beat cherries!

Roxy

Familiar Face

swinggal

One Too Many
Man, I have too many things on the go :( Two things I'm not happy with and don't know if I will finish. I have done my jeans though. They look ok. Will post soon.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
swinggal said:
Man, I have too many things on the go :( Two things I'm not happy with and don't know if I will finish. I have done my jeans though. They look ok. Will post soon.
I know how that goes I just finished a muslin of a blouse and making it I decided I didn't really like the quality of the patterns finished product (it was a mail order and i think they were trying to make things easier) it was confusing because it didn't explain some things I needed explained but it also left some areas a bit unfinished and I now think I just waisted a ton of my time on this. That being said I did learn how to do somethings that I had never tried before so I guess I gained some knowledge and experience. This weekend I hope to start on Laurens 30's blouse pattern.

MissHannah

One Too Many
FAYEZY123 said:
Oh wow!!! This pattern is amazing...where did you get it from? I search etsy all the time and have never seen anything as good as this.

Good luck with the sewing :D

It was on Etsy I'm afraid. I've been searching for just the right pants pattern for a while (and in my size as I'm not yet capable of grading!) and this one popped up. I'd be happy to lend it out to you once I've had a go with it.

FAYEZY123

New in Town
MissHannah said:
It was on Etsy I'm afraid. I've been searching for just the right pants pattern for a while (and in my size as I'm not yet capable of grading!) and this one popped up. I'd be happy to lend it out to you once I've had a go with it.

Wow Miss Hannah thanks!! Just let me know when you've finished with it. Thanks! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner